Receptionist – Bilingual English/Spanish (The Guidance Center)
About The Guidance Center (TGC)
TGC is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including in Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future.
Receptionists must exhibit good interpersonal skills by using excellent communication – both orally and in writing, as the receptionist will serve as the face and voice of the agency. Receptionists greets clients, visitors, and agency representatives both in person and by telephone, with a professional, knowledgeable, and helpful presence. Receptionists are responsible for effective and efficient transfer of information and messages throughout the agency.
Receptionists must understand and maintain client, employee, and program confidentiality. Receptionists must execute both written and oral instructions, along with handle routine office problems. Receptionists alternate between opening and closing shifts.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written, high school diploma, pleasant customer service demeanor in person, by phone, and email. Must be computer literate, preferable previous experience with customer relationship management (CRM) database systems and/or Welligent.
Computer literate in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
1. Greet and sign in all clients. Answer questions, record complaints, and relay information to the appropriate staff member. Notify staff when guest has arrived for appointments.
2. Manage central schedule and schedule appointments for psychiatrists. Receptionists are responsible for making appointment reminder calls.
3. Distributes incoming mail and packages upon arrival. If items are too large for a staff member’s mail receptacle, reception will call staff member to retrieve item.
4. May also perform ad hoc clerical duties as needed, including but not limited to basic office duties such as photocopying, faxing and typing correspondence.
5. Knowledgeable of, or possess the ability to learn and adhere to the prevailing governmental laws and regulations regarding employee/patient’s rights to confidentiality and limits thereof including compliance with HIPAA, federal and state laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While this position commonly entails 60-75% sitting and the remaining time standing or walking, the following physical demands could be associated with this position: Lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Using cart/dolly for pushing or pulling up to 25 pounds (i.e. boxes of brochures, supplies, and cases copy paper) Stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing or reaching.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer