Program Manager (The Nonprofit Partnership)
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 25 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP supports hundreds of organizations each year to reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
As a grantee of First5 LA, TNP serves as the Regional Network (RN) organization for Best Start Communities Region 4 (Central Long Beach and Wilmington). In this capacity, TNP will oversee and ensure that community residents improve health through systemic changes fueled by adult and youth resident engagement, collaboration & resource sharing, and strategic communication about community needs and solutions. Fulfilling the role of the RN agency, TNP will fulfill this by providing contract administration between the Local Network (LN) agencies & subcontractors, coordination of organizational capacity building, regional learning, collective advocacy, resource mobilization and multi-level coordination.
The Program Manager (PM) is a critical position in that it is responsible for moving forward Region 4’s goals and objectives. Overall, the PM manages TNP’s role as the RN agency, serving as the lead convener and facilitator for Region 4’s steering committee. The PM will regularly collaborate with and maintain strong communication with LN agency representatives and members of Best Start Community Partnerships in Central Long Beach and Wilmington. The PM will manage a full-time Contract Manager.
· Manages the relationship between Local Network (LN) agencies (Long Beach Forward and Providence Little Company of Mary) and TNP. In this capacity, facilitates all steering committee meetings between partners.
· Assesses the organizational capacity needs of TNP and the two LN organizations to fulfill their respective roles.
· Works with each LN organization to assess the needs of each Community Partnership in Central Long Beach and Wilmington.
· Works closely with leaders and participants of each Community Partnership to evaluate the impact of Region 4 efforts on community goals and objectives.
· Identifies contracts and oversees the work of all subcontractors associated with the capacity building work in Region4.
· Attends Best Start Community Partnership meetings and gatherings with leaders of these partnerships.
· Monitors contract program performance against projected performance to ensure that objectives are met.
· Works closely with a contracted evaluator to fulfill the region’s goals around data collection and evaluation.
· Working with the LN from each community, convenes around learning activities across the region and contributes to the development of First 5 LA’s Best Start Learning Agenda.
· Fulfills a key role in identifying resources (funding, donations, and in-kind) to support the work of the Community Partnerships beyond First 5 LA funding.
· Assists in developing, monitoring and administering budgets, scopes of services, and consulting agreements.
· Supports the Contract Manager in generating timely, reliable periodic reports to First5 that ensure fiscal accountability of programs.
· Serves on local committees and advisory boards as necessary.
· Supervises, evaluates and supports subordinate staff, as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least four (4) years of progressively responsible managerial experience in program planning, program management, contract monitoring, evaluation, and community engagement. Prior experience in the nonprofit sector or a community-based agency desired.
· Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Prior experience in convening groups and building collaboration across groups.
· Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
· Familiarity with Long Beach, Wilmington and surrounding communities preferred.
· Willing and able to travel about 40% of the month with some evening hours required.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree a plus.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com The subject should read PROGRAM MANAGER- first name last name. No phone calls or queries, please.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HOW TO APPLY
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid vacation, sick leave; and holidays. Compensation DOE.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: