Operations Manager (The Nonprofit Partnership)
The Nonprofit Partnership (Partnership) is a nonprofit management support organization with a vision of successful nonprofits supporting thriving communities. The Partnership has a direct and profound impact on our community by ensuring thousands of nonprofit professionals, board members and volunteers receive the tools and resources they need to be successful and make their organizations thrive. We provide affordable access to high-quality services that are sorely needed by nonprofits today: programming and resources that focus on building the capacity of our local community organizations by promoting collaborative opportunities, enhanced resource development, networking opportunities, custom support services and year-round educational seminars and workshops. The Partnership serves community organizations in over 35 cities across Southern California with a focus on Long Beach, the South Bay and the Gateway Cities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall administration and operations of the Partnership. As a vital member of the team, s/he provides leadership in the areas of organizational operations, technology and administration, and provides support for project management and membership.
Operations Policies and Compliance
- Formalize new operations policies and procedures where needed
- Manage implementation of and compliance with existing operations policies and procedures to ensure office efficiency, reliability, and compliance with best practices. Including but not limited to: technology planning, contract management and approval processes, document storage and destruction, risk management, data management and reporting, and accounting. Implement automations wherever possible.
- Handle recurring organizational updates and renewals including: workers compensation audit, Statement of Information Filing, DBA, etc.
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure accurate monthly financial reconciliation including, but not limited to: purchase requests, CRM related reporting, invoicing, banking, credit card merchant reports, payroll reports, accounts receivable, grants/contract financial information, restriction and release of funds, and other reporting.
- Partner with Program Manager to manage custom support client contracts, Affiliate invoicing, billing, and deadline/timeline communications.
- Manage annual financial review or audit and 990 filing.
- In partnership with Executive Director, develop annual administrative budget. Oversee operations expenditures throughout the year to remain within budget.
Custom Support Contracts
- Work with Program staff on customized support service projects before, during and after project. Manage contract processing including: assistance with contract development, managing compliance in Affiliate paperwork, invoicing Clients, scheduling payments to Affiliates, and managing tracking, communications, and timelines for entire contract process.
- Report to Program staff regarding contract deadlines, timelines, issues, and/or concerns to ensure successful delivery of quality services.
Vendor Relations and Operations Budget
- Develop, track, and manage vendor contracts and communications, including, but not limited to: hardware, software, and communications, subscriptions, memberships, and publications, credit cards and financial intuitions, personnel related vendors- insurance, benefits,, etc., and other vendors.
- Create vendor cost analysis reports on a regular cycle to ensure that TNP has the best service providers and contracts to meet its current and anticipated future needs.
- Oversee inventory of office supplies, coordinating with Staff for monthly orders and ensuring that Programs provides accurate and timely updates and requests.
- Create and manage ongoing technology plan, including needs assessments, IT log and procurement of hardware and software systems.
- Manage consultants for Web Development and Salesforce Development
Membership & Donor Relations
- In partnership with Staff, take leadership role in membership relations including, but not limited to: managing internal systems and responses and collaborating with Staff to develop meaningful engagements to retain and attract members.
- Assist with donor relations including yearly donation campaign activities, donation receipts and thank you’s, as well as the generation of donation and in-kind service receipts.
- Provide high quality relationship-building customer service to clients.
Other duties as assigned
- Conduct reference checks and onboarding procedures for new employees.
- Participate in Partnership networking events, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for the Partnership.
- Keep the Partnership office environment clean and professional.
- Assist Staff as needed as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through, with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in-person, via the telephone, and email.
- Experience using CRM systems required. Salesforce experience preferred but not required.
- Experience using cloud-based document storage systems
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, with strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience supporting a team and/or working in a collaborative environment
- Project management experience preferred but not required
- Experience in nonprofit and/or public sector preferred but not required
Submit your cover letter, demonstrating your interest in working at the Partnership and qualifications, resume, and three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, write: Operations Manager -“Your Name”. No phone calls or queries.
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid vacation, sick leave; and holidays. Compensation DOE.
The Nonprofit Partnership is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other protected status.