Operations Associate, Guest Services (Long Beach Ronald McDonald House)
Job Title:Operations Associate, Guest Services
Division: Long Beach Ronald McDonald House
Reports To: Operations Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: October 2016
Resumes will be accepted through September 15, 2017. Please no phone calls. All resumes and cover letters should be emailed to Jennifer O’Donnell, Operations Director, at email@example.com.
The Operations Associate, Guest Services manages the entire operation of the House during scheduled shifts
and is responsible for the safety and overall management of the House. The Associate is also responsible for
maintaining a caring environment with guests, volunteers and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to program standards; anticipate and address guests’
• Act as first point of contact for any issues that may arise during scheduled shift;
• Interact with and offer comfort to House guests in a supportive manner, as appropriate;
• Respond to emergency situations and know how to use all safety equipment;
• Communicate in writing about events that occurred during shift, through shift reports;
• Light housekeeping such as vacuum, dust and disinfect; and when necessary cleaning of guest room;
• Ensure safety and security of guests and House during shift;
• Greet the public, accept and thank for donations, give House tours and answer questions related to all
aspects of House operations;
• Respond to guest complaints, taking prompt and appropriate actions to resolve problems and ensure
customer satisfaction is maintained;
• Exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to Operations Director;
• Pay close attention to details with capability to oversee House operations and multiple areas
simultaneously in a fast paced environment;
• Properly supervise House volunteers by ensuring that volunteers understand House commitment to
guest service and that they observe standards of conduct, rules, safety regulations, and House policies;
• Data entry as requested;
• Conduct arrival and departure audits of guest rooms and common areas to ensure that House high
cleaning standards are maintained.
• Assist when necessary in the processing of laundry throughout the day/evening/overnight ensuring that
it is all washed, dried, folded and put in its proper location before the start of each day.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
High School diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1-3 years in same or similar position. Hotel/hospital
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organizations and
operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other
management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively
in oral and written form. Candidate must be highly dependable and responsible. Also must demonstrate highly
developed customer service skills. Positive attitude, pleasant demeanor and appropriate dress required.
Candidates with multi-language skills encouraged to apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be organized, focused and have track record of excellent judgment. Must be able to multi-task in a fast
paced environment, and be willing to work evenings/weekends as necessary. Ability to work a flexible schedule
including weekdays, weekends, holidays and nights. Must be highly dependable and reliable.
Ability to read and interpret basic information in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, board members, families and the general public. Candidates with multi-language skills
encouraged to apply.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties regularly require standing, walking using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaching with hands and
arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling; talking or hearing. Frequently required to be on feet.
Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Resumes will be accepted through August 31, 2017. Please no phone calls. All resumes and cover letters should be emailed to Jennifer O’Donnell, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.