Nutrition Program Manager (Comprehensive Child Development Services)
Title: Nutrition Program Manager
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Under supervision of the Finance & Administration Director, the Nutrition Program Manager is responsible for the administration of the Nutrition Program following the Child and Adult Care Food Program guidelines. Responsibilities of the position include recruitment of licensed family child care providers, planning and implementing training and technical assistance activities, assessing and evaluating program quality, developing systems to increase efficiencies, and ensuring contract compliance. The Nutrition Program Manager is also responsible for the direct supervision of the Nutrition Program staff.
- Manage the daily operations of the Nutrition Program.
- Develop systems to recruit and enroll eligible licensed family child care providers, maintaining the number of claiming providers at or above budget targets.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings and trainings for participating family child care homes.
- Prepare, schedule, and implement technical assistance activities based on observations and knowledge of individual providers and provider network.
- Review documentation and reports prepared by the field representatives and specialists.
- Work in collaboration with the Contracts and Compliance Manager to ensure procedures meet state requirements.
- Ensure provider payments are accurate and timely.
- Oversee the State review process.
- Address provider concerns in a timely manner.
- Provide direct supervision to the Nutrition Program staff.
- Ensure compliance with program philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by direct reports.
- Determine on-going training needs and develop plans to increase knowledge and efficiency.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s preferred
- 2 years of experience supervising staff
- Health Clearance; including TB screen and required vaccinations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate in English (Bi-lingual Spanish preferred)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High degree of professionalism and accountability
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Valid California Driver’s License and transportation.
Must possess mobility to work in a child care and office settings and to use standard office equipment including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry children or equipment weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed
materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Local travel required.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to : email@example.com