Mental Health Clinicians – Intensive Services (The Guidance Center)
Date: May 3, 2016
Openings for Mental Health Clinicians to join the Intensive Services and MAT team at our Long Beach location!
About The Guidance Center (TGC)
TGC is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including in Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future.
Join the Intensive Services and MAT (Multi-Disciplinary Assessment Team) at The Guidance Center (TGC) in a full-time role as the Mental Health Clinician. This position is to provide therapeutic services through assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, and/or other modes of psychotherapy to enable clients to reach and maintain optimal level of functioning.
- Master’s degree from a nationally recognized accredited school or program offering a degree in social work, counseling, psychology or equivalent mental health related field
- Must be registered with the California BBS as MFTI or licensed MFT
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not a requirement
Duties (but not limited to):
- Coordinate with DMH and DCFS liaisons to complete comprehensive Multidisciplinary Assessment Team (MAT) reports. These time-sensitive reports identify client strengths and needs, and are 100% field based with potentially more extensive travel demands ranging anywhere in LA County
- Provides direct clinical, psychosocial, and/or rehabilitative mental health services to Center clients, including but not limited to intake evaluation/assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, psychotherapy or counseling, crisis intervention and emergency intakes, in- home, community services, and/or services at other locations away from the Center
- Coordination of services and case management, discharge planning, and case consultation with referral sources, school, allied agencies, and others.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. In addition, we provide Bilingual stipend English/Spanish, 11 paid holidays and employer matching 403(b) retirement plans.
Equal opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website at www.tgclb.org
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org