Marketing and Events Specialist (The Guidance Center)
Location: 1301 Pine Ave Long Beach, CA 90813
Classification/Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
About The Guidance Center (TGC):
The Guidance Center is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future. TGC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
This position requires an experienced marketing specialist, with event planning and donor development experience, that is responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks including but not limited to; development and execution of marketing strategies for The Guidance Center focusing on development activities and volunteer engagement. Design and implementation of print and online collateral, website content creation and maintenance, email marketing, online marketing strategies, and delivering creative marketing solutions.
Works well under pressure; meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with staff, clients, visitors, and others associated with The Guidance Center.
Regular attendance is an important factor in employee job performance in order for The Guidance Center to maintain efficient operations. Employee would be expected to report to work as scheduled and on time.
- Minimum of three years or equivalent of related professional marketing and event planning experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and graphic design software (QuarkXPress or InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, or other web authoring program)
- HTML and digital media technology experience necessary
- Proficient in email marketing software
Duties (but not limited to):
1. Manage and execute email marketing campaigns to support fundraising initiatives and grow brand awareness within MailChimp, including list management and distribution
2. Collaborates with staff agency-wide to update and add content for the website and email campaigns
3. Update website content, keeping all information relevant and timely through WordPress as well as maintain and improve site as needed.
4. Work with management and development staff to generate and execute marketing plans, including but not limited to special events, print collateral and website
5. In collaboration with the Communications/PR Specialist, monitor and provide monthly e-marketing and website metrics via tools such as Google Analytics to track and report on effectiveness of communications and marketing initiatives
6. Design, write and develop agency collateral, emails, online content, and other assigned writing projects; coordinate printing for specialized marketing collateral and email marketing campaigns
7. Explore innovative new content delivery methods across video, interactive web sites, and other forms
8. Maintain organizational photo catalog
9. Manage agency promotional gifts and inventory
1. Assist Chief Development Officer with coordination of special events and development communications including kick-offs; campaigns, collateral, RSVPs, etc.
2. Help implement all aspects of event planning, logistics, and day of requirements for all agency sponsored events
3. Special event planning including wine reception, and other donor related events
4. Develop, oversee and maintain annual wine reception event ticketing and auction website
5. Solicit and track auction items for annual wine reception
6. Manage volunteers for various agency events
7. Oversee website content and e-marketing communications for events
8. Work with graphic designer on event-related collaterals such as invitations, event logos, signage, tribute book
9. Create post-event reports based on marketing analytic results
1. Understand basic fundraising concepts from volunteer development to donor ask
Equal Employment Opportunities:
The Guidance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), genetic information, marital status, ancestry or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Guidance Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work setting in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
The Guidance Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, marital status, sex (including sexual harassment and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental including HIV/AIDS diagnosis), pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), age (40 or over), military and veteran status, or exercising the right to any legally provided leave of absence in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation. Improper interference with the ability of The Guidance Center employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com