Website YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The Y is for all.
POSITION: Director of Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Association Office, 3605 Long Beach Blvd., Suite 210, Long Beach, CA 90807
SALARY RANGE: $81,427 – 104,073, plus 12% paid retirement benefits.
ASSOCIATION INFORMATION: The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is a $45M organization with over 1,000 employees serving the cities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Los Cerritos, Bellflower, and Artesia, with our resident Camp Oakes in the Big Bear mountains. The association is comprised of 7 branches which operate 42 childcare sites, 6 preschools, 6 swimming pools, a 450-bed resident camp, and various youth sports, recreation and teen programs.
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is looking for a Marketing & Communications Director who will oversee the creation and implementation of all marketing strategies for the Association. This person is responsible for building and maintaining the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact through the development of effective, yet diverse marketing/communications strategies. This individual will work directly with program and executive leadership across the association.
- Provide guidance and support to branches for marketing and membership efforts. Develops, produces, and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
- Develop Association-wide communication to donors and volunteers.
- Establish relationships with key media channels and outlets. Writes and submits press releases when appropriate.
- Maintains updated files of YMCA’s media relations (both press and electronic).
- Lead social media efforts through a solid technical understanding of available tools.
- Effectively lead, manage, and influence others to accomplish objectives.
- Lead the support of special events with appropriate creative content (photo, A/V, etc.)
Implement branch specific membership and marketing plans to drive program and membership growth.
- Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
- Develop consistent external communication plan to support donor stewardship and share Y impact on the community.
- Fully integrate Y-USA marketing/communication resources into the Association through training.
- Provide leadership to assigned association clusters and board committees.
- YMCA Organizational Leader certificate required within three years from date of hire.
- 5+ years of progressive marketing and/or communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; master’s degree preferred. Previous professional experience in membership, marketing and/or sales preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communications skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Understanding of social media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
- Working knowledge of the YMCA brand architecture, and the compliance requirements is a plus.
- Mastery of programs including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is essential.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Claudia Mendoza, Chief Human Resources Officer
YMCA of Greater Long Beach
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com