WINTER is a private, non-profit economic development organization that provides women with opportunities to develop themselves academically, professionally, and personally. We do this by involving young people and women in a combination of services, including but not limited to, education, support, pre-apprenticeship training, employment training, job placement and community service activities.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of WINTER. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s leadership and consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives, program development, administration, and financial health of the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $100,000 – $130,000 and benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan with match
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set organization strategic direction and effectively communicate with staff to drive Mission, Vision, and organization’s action planning.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing of the organization’s operations and programs. Supervises the development of operations-based financial modeling.
- Oversees and prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate organizational outcomes, program results, variances, and performance trends. Presents and reports on results to Board of Directors.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
- Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics. Approves major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
- Provides leadership and coaching to build an effective team and organizational culture.
- Manages site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Develops and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides coaching, growth, mentoring, and personal development opportunities for direct/indirect report employees.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are developed and robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Propose practical measures to address significant and unexpected problems and challenges.
- Identify risks and propose ideas for how they can be managed.
- Leads business development efforts within organization. Design and implement business development and strategic planning activities, support marketing and branding action plans to promote Mission.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA in Public Administration, Social Work, Construction Management, or a related field and five years of leadership experience in a non-profit or public sector field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of fund acquisition, grant development and management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills, which are characterized by the ability to gain respect, positively influence, accurately assess, and support the agency in the achievement of its mission with and through others.
- Demonstrates a high level of ethics in the way work is performed. Demonstrates a high level of honesty, accountability, responsibility, and dependability.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and effective interaction with individuals from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, disability and ethnic backgrounds characterized by active listening and ensuring respectful two-way communication.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Good judgment and the ability to evaluate alternatives.
- Ability to structure tasks, establish priorities, and set end-to-end business goals to implementation.
- Models effective teamwork through cooperation and collaboration with others. Demonstrates a positive attitude, self-discipline, and self-awareness.
- Advanced skills in working with Board of Directors.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Community & Public Relations.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest! Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter for consideration. We are unable to accept direct inquiries for this position (emails, phone calls, etc.). WINTER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com