Website Wilmington Community Clinic
Join Wilmington Community Clinic!
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something bigger? Have you ever wanted to make a difference? At Wilmington Community Clinic, here you can. WCC provides quality, non-discriminatory primary care, mental health, dental and women’s health services to improve the health and well-being of all served – regardless of their ability to pay. We have served patients in and around Wilmington and Los Angeles for over 40 years. Our multi-generational impact makes us proud of the services we provide and we put patient care front and center – it’s The Wilmington Way!
Here you can create your future. Under the leadership of the CFO, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the management of the accounting and billing functions, the preparation of all monthly journal entries, prepare financial statements, assists the CFO with Board materials, maintains adequate records of fixed assets and works closely with our Fund Coordinator and billing team.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation range for this position is $24.00 – $35.00 per hour. WCC offers competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, sick leave, life insurance, retirement plan with match, employee assistance program and free employee parking.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in principles and practices of fund accounting, cost analysis, and audit procedures.
- Proven experience in analyzing and interpreting data to produce complex financial reports.
- Advanced proficiency in using computer spreadsheets and database applications for report generation.
- Demonstrated experience using computer software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for AP/AR, AR aging, general ledger, chart of accounts, trial balance, and month/year end close.
- Research and prepare journal entries.
- Complete all month end close items and communicate moving time lines with appropriate team contributors.
- Assist with vendor inquiries regarding invoices and payments.
- Review, code, and enter accounts payable.
- Prepare checks for signature.
- Review accuracy and completeness of cash receipts records prepared by billing staff.
- Reconcile billing reports and post billing transactions in the accounting system.
- Responsible for cash management, lines of credit, and the receipt, custody and disbursement of funds/securities.
- Reconcile monthly ledgers and bank statements.
- Maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Calculate variances from budget and report significant issues to management.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements, regulatory reports (UDS, OSHPD, Medicaid, Medicare, etc) and maintain adequate supporting documents.
- Compile fiscal information to be used to prepare annual budgets, financial reports, and projections.
- Review and enter monthly budgets into accounting system.
- Assist in maintaining accurate accounting of all grant expenses working with Fund Coordinator.
- Monitor and reconcile monthly expenses in order to assure validity of all charges for salaries, equipment, supplies and expenses with approved budgets.
- Assemble information for program and independent audits.
- Resolve any accounting problem or irregularities.
- Demonstrate understanding of WCC policies and procedures related to billing, accounting and finance.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, staff, vendors, and visitors in ways that demonstrate caring and reflect the WCC mission and philosophy.
- Attends WCC meetings (staff, department, CFO designated).
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Skill in performing various accounting principles, business math and bookkeeping transactions such as debiting, crediting, reconciling expenses, preparing transfer of payroll and non-payroll expenses.
- Skill in projecting salary, benefit and indirect costs, with knowledge of payroll and employee regulations impacting such cost.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare budgets, to identify spending patterns and project future expenditures.
- Skills in perceiving and defining cause and effect relationships between expenditure rates and budgetary projections.
- Proven ability to analyze complex financial issues, recognize potential impact, identify creative and alternative solutions, and make recommendations.
- Excellent skills in data management and conversion for report generation.
Thank you for your interest! Please submit your resume and cover for consideration. We are unable to accept direct inquiries about this position (i.e. phone calls, emails).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com