Website The Nonprofit Partnership
Position Title: Program Assistant, Best Start
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time
Reports to: Program Manager
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 29 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP supports hundreds of organizations each year to reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the First5 LA Best Start grant program. Areas include grant and contract administration, managing sub-contractor invoices, communications, social media/marketing, reporting, and evaluation.
- Contract management for all grant activities in the First 5 LA/Best Start grant. Maintains contracts, grant agreements, MOUs to subcontractors, and other files as they relate to grants.
- Regularly communicates with subcontractors and other partners to address any questions or concerns related to this grant and related agreements.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to support financial procedures, responsible for monthly tracking and records maintenance of invoices/payments, and the creation of Payment Request Forms.
- Supports marketing and communication for Best Start including, but not limited to, social media management, email communication and marketing, and storytelling.
- Supports coordination of meetings and convenings, including securing resources and logistics as well as taking detailed meeting notes for First 5 LA/Best Start programming.
- Coordination and reporting of First 5 LA/Best Start grant related activity. Working with the Program Manager to monitor and ensure TNP meets all milestones as it relates to the scope and deadlines as identified by First 5 LA.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in project management and coordination, contract development, grants administration and/or compliance.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with changing community or team needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Khmer a plus.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com