Website The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
MANAGER OF OPERATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
SCOPE OF WORK
The Manager of Operations is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Director at The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center). This person in this role will be required to work evenings and weekends. They are also responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations and administrative duties associated with the successful execution of programs and services at The Center. Day-to-day operational and administrative oversight includes safety planning and training, volunteer services, addressing/answering public inquiries, vendor communications, supply and inventory acquisition and maintenance, and IT maintenance coordination.
This individual must have outstanding written and communication skills, experience working with diverse populations (particularly LGBTQ+ individuals), and excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, ability to properly manage confidential information, computer literacy including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and be independent, focused, and detail-oriented. The Manager of Operations must be a problem-solver and be able to work effectively with Center staff and volunteers.
I: FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- As needed, participate in team/department, interdisciplinary and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain all internal procedures, policies, and structures required to create an efficient and effective work environment.
- Manage all office equipment and technology. Schedule maintenance and repairs when needed troubleshoot basic technical issues with computers, phones, and the internet. Liaise with IT consultants and other vendors.
- Work with staff to monitor, forecast, and budget for required purchases.
- Research new equipment, supplies, or vendors and make recommendations.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers. Maintain adequate volunteer staffing.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to support day-of activities for all fundraising/development events.
- Manage the coverage of the Front Desk, including answering phones and greeting the public when necessary, or delegates as appropriate.
- Coordinate all necessary maintenance and improvements to The Center.
- Provide technical support and setup for new employee/volunteer phone extensions, building, etc.
- Coordinate regular volunteer appreciation events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops and conducts safety and security training annually, including new hire orientation.
- Create, review, and maintain the Policies and Procedures Safety Manual, and works with the leadership of The Center to assure staff and volunteers are oriented to and trained on all security procedures.
- Assure adequate safety planning and preparation through periodic drills.
C: Staff Management:
- Provide leadership and management to direct reports enhancing productivity and increasing employee engagement levels.
- Interview, hire, and oversee training for assigned staff.
- Ensure applicable policies and procedures are followed.
D: Information Technology (IT)
- Experience enforcing security policies and best practices with respect to physical and online access to organization resources
- Experience with administering and managing the following applications and technology:
- Password managers such as LastPass or 1Password
- Microsoft 365 services including; SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, Exchange Online, and M365 desktop apps
- SharePoint Online sites/intranets
- Windows 10 endpoints (including procurement, asset tracking, printer setup, application installs)
- Mobile device setup of Outlook/Teams
- Cloud file sharing systems such as Box or DropBox
- Cloud-based phone systems such as Pax8 or RingCentral
- Case management and Electronic Health Record (HER) software
- Security camera DVR software
- Business alarm systems
- Coordinating and collaborating with IT and application service providers
II: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or five (5) years of employment with a nonprofit.
- At least, two (2) years of management experience, including management of paid staff.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a driving record that will support The Center’s liability insurance provider.
- Ability to pass FBI background check.
III: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two (2) years of nonprofit management experience.
- Two (2) years of program development experience.
- The hourly rate for this position is $28.
- Other benefits include (medical, vision, dental, paid sick time, vacation, holidays, 401K with employer contribution)
- Optional benefits include (critical life/illness and legal insurance)
V: Affirmative Action Statement
- The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, exclude, or otherwise deny employment and/or advancement opportunities to any qualified candidate based on age, ancestry, color, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, place of birth, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or any other characteristic(s) protected under local, state, or federals laws in any of its hiring practices and activities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to any of these characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com