Website The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
COORDINATOR OF OLDER ADULTS SERVICES JOB DESCRIPTION
SCOPE OF WORK
The Coordinator of Older Adults’ Services is a full-time, nonexempt position, reporting to the Manager of Older Adults Services at The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center). The person in this role must be energetic, creative, and forward-thinking. This position is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a full schedule of activities and events for participants.
The Coordinator must have outstanding written and communication skills, experience working with diverse populations (particularly LGBTQ+ older adults), and excellent interpersonal skills. This individual will be required to work evenings and weekends occasionally for special events and social support programs. The person in this role will be required to attend continuing education, trainings, seminars, in-service trainings, and other professional development opportunities to stay abreast of relevant literature and to maintain familiarity with trends/changes in public health, and older adult services.
I: FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- As needed, participate in team/department, interdisciplinary and staff meetings.
- As needed, assist with the revision of program materials (i.e., policies and procedures, manuals, intake forms, brochures, etc.).
- Maintain an accurate/updated list of program participants.
- Monitor and track all activities to provide accurate and timely reports to funders.
- Collaborate with other programs at The Center, and other relevant partners to coordinate appropriate client referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.
B: Program Coordination
- Support the planning and implementation of social events and activities.
- Create innovative strategies and tools to increase and maintain engagement and attendance across program activities.
- Use appropriate tools to onboard clients into relevant programs and services.
- As needed, provide technology training/support to program participants interested in accessing services/activities online.
- Use effective outreach strategies to reach older adults.
C: Case Management
- Assist in Case Management activities, using client-centered/trauma-informed approaches.
- Use an electronic database to document clients’ access to services.
- As needed, maintain (identify/update) the older adult resource guide.
- As needed, monitor intake phone line and electronic correspondence.
II: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Human Development, Psychology, Gerontology, Public Health, or Social Work.
- Two (2) years of progressive professional experience working with older adults.
- One (1) year of progressive professional experience working with vulnerable individuals.
- Ability to pass FBI background check.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a driving record that will support The Center’s liability insurance provider.
III: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree in Social Work from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Bilingual/fluent (can read, write, and speak) in English and Khmer.
- The hourly rate for this position is $21.
- Other benefits include (medical, vision, dental, vacation, holidays, 401K with employer contribution)
- Optional benefits include (critical life/illness and legal insurance)
V: Affirmative Action Statement
- The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, exclude, or otherwise deny employment and/or advancement opportunities to any qualified candidate based on age, ancestry, color, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, place of birth, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or any other characteristic(s) protected under local, state, or federals laws in any of its hiring practices and activities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to any of these characteristics.
VI: HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org