Website Rancho Los Alamitos Historic Ranch & Gardens
Rancho Los Alamitos Historic Ranch & Gardens
6400 East Bixby Hill Road, Long Beach, California 90815 — 562.431.3541
Highly regarded Southern California historic site with stunning grounds and facilities seeks an energetic, innovative individual to manage site use and rentals. Rancho Los Alamitos is a 7.5-acre site atop Bixby Hill next to Cal State Long Beach. This beloved Long Beach icon and cultural resource has been open to the public since 1970. In addition, to extensive gardens and grounds, the facilities include numerous meeting rooms and outdoor spaces that lend themselves to all sorts of gatherings. Everything from corporate retreats to commercial photo shoots to celebrations large and small. Consider joining our team and working in beautiful surroundings while you share our unique resources with the community.
Rancho Los Alamitos Historic Ranch & Gardens features a historical ranch house, nationally significant gardens, a barnyard with livestock, a visitor center, and a gift shop. The site has been continuously occupied for over 7,000 years, beginning with the Indigenous Tongva people. The site’s history and the lives of its varied owners and occupants make it a fitting metaphor for the Southern California experience.
The Rancho Los Alamitos Foundation values diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion for all socioeconomic backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, races, abilities, and levels of education. Candidates of diverse identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Site Rental Coordinator
Classification: Part-Time, approximately 24 hours per week without a set schedule, including nights and weekends. Non-Exempt Position reports to the Executive Director.
Compensation: $25-$30/hour. Benefits include paid holidays, paid sick time, cell phone allowance, and participation in the Foundation’s retirement plan.
The Site Rental Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of site rentals and use of Rancho Los Alamitos by internal and external groups. The Site Rental Coordinator helps fulfill RLA’s mission by introducing stakeholders to the Rancho’s resources while at the same time generating income for the site’s operation and maintenance. The incumbent will work a flexible schedule based on clients’ needs, including nights and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Schedule and coordinate all internal and external site use of facilities for events, meetings, commercial photography/filming, retreats, etc.
- Facilitate client site visits to determine rental needs and expectations and thoroughly explain proposals, contracts, and site policies and procedures.
- Supervise activities on the day of rental to answer questions, direct guests and ensure a smooth and seamless event.
- Coordinate logistics with necessary staff and vendors to ensure a quality guest experience.
- Develop a list of reliable vendors for rentals and events who respect the historic site, its fragility, and its rules of operations. Create and organize vendor contracts that protect the site, its staff, volunteers, and patrons.
- Develop strategies for promoting the site’s facilities.
- Keep abreast of insurance requirements, City permits, and inspection requirements.
- Develop and revise site use policies and procedures balancing the preservation of a fragile resource with opportunities for creating earned income.
- Coordinate food service and set up for internal meetings such as Board of Directors meetings and VIP and staff meetings when necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience – site rentals, catering management, event coordination, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize, and evaluate meetings and events.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage several projects at once in an organized and highly effective manner.
- Highly developed organizational skills with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service skills. Highly developed problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds, including senior executives and Board members.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Punctual, reliable, and accountable.
- Ability to drive. Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance coverage meeting Rancho’s insurance levels. Ability to operate RLA vehicles, including electric carts and a pick-up truck.
The position is located at the Rancho’s facilities in Long Beach, California. Position requires periods of standing, walking, and sitting. May occasionally need to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, push and pull up to 40 pounds with the assistance of a cart, operate office equipment, open and close filing cabinets and boxes, and observe guests.
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume, including contact information for two professional references, to Pamela Young Lee at email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Please do not telephone or drop in to see staff without an appointment. However, visiting during regular open hours and familiarizing oneself with the site before applying is encouraged. Please see https://www.rancholosalamitos.com/ for more information. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org