Raising the capacity of nonprofits to achieve lasting Impact.
SHEIKH/Impact (formerly Thurlow/Associates) is a minority woman-owned firm that supports nonprofit organizations working to serve and improve our communities. Our staff members’ diverse lived experience, coupled with incredible professional and educational backgrounds, distinguishes our firm from others in the field. We do what we do best, so nonprofits can concentrate on what they do best — and achieve lasting impact.
Join our team
Are you a nonprofit professional with superior strategic thinking skills? The ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively? Do you have excellent time- and project-management capabilities? Strong research, analysis and writing skills? Are you able to successfully juggle and complete multiple demanding projects on deadline? Are you adept at building and maintaining strong partnerships with internal team members and clients? Are you passionate about making a difference in your community?
If so, we invite you to explore a career opportunity at SHEIKH/Impact. In our fast-paced and rewarding work environment, you will apply your superior skills to support nonprofit clients in establishing and achieving fund development and organization development goals. SHEIKH/Impact provides expert counsel to nonprofit organizations in the fields of health care, justice reform, human services, education, arts, youth and family services, and more.
- Superior writing skills. From grants to publications, writing is our superpower. Is it yours? We want someone whose writing is smart, sharp, strategic, creative and reflects the diverse voices of our clients.
- Critical thinking skills. Can you keep digging until you find a satisfactory answer? We need you to be able to look at a piece of writing and consider all perspectives.
- Curiosity. To do this job well, you’ll have to dive into every topic that affects our region: homelessness, health care, juvenile justice, equitable arts access, etc. Does that sound fun? We think so. It’s actually our favorite part of the job.
- Passion for making the region a healthier, safer, more equitable place for everyone. We work toward this goal every day by raising the capacity of the organizations doing that exact work. We do what we do best, so they can do what they do best — and achieve lasting impact.
- Three or more years of experience in government grant research, writing and project management.
Proven track record of securing public grants.
Motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work under only general supervision; ability to multi-task and manage time.
- Superior communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be extremely computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The position offers health insurance/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) retirement/profit sharing plan and paid time off in addition to regular federal/state holidays.
Our office is located near the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. We offer a hybrid work schedule (two-three days in office and other days working from home).
Interested? Please send your resume, two writing samples and desired salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.