Rainbow Services, Ltd. is a progressive, affirmative action equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive, trauma-informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Reports to: Director of Support Services
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Job Summary: The Family Counselor II (Child/Adolescent) provides counseling services to children residing in Rainbow Services’ shelter programs. The counseling program serves both adults and children with individual, group, crisis, child and family counseling services. This position will specifically focus on clinical services for children, including adolescents, and their parents.
• Provide individual child, parent/child, and family counseling.
• Conduct assessments and develop appropriate treatment plans.
• Provide crisis intervention, when necessary.
• Facilitate ECHO parenting groups (virtual and in person) and develop individualized parenting support plans.
• Facilitate on-site children’s support groups.
• Provide advocacy with local schools, Head Start programs, and other service providers.
• Work collaboratively with Education, Children’s, Residential, and Support Services programs.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bilingual Spanish/English required due to high population of Spanish speakers served.
• MSW (or equivalent), preferably registered with the BBS.
• Experience in providing clinical services in community-based setting.
• Experience in providing parenting curriculum at various parenting skill levels.
• Clinical experience working with families and children who have experienced trauma.
• Experience in implementation of Trauma Informed Care, TF-CBT, PCIT, and play/art therapy, highly desired.
• Interest in addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups, and a commitment to the movement to end intimate partner violence.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
• California driver’s license required.
• Proof of current automobile insurance detailing coverage and list of covered drivers required.
• 40-hour state-mandated domestic violence training required and can be provided upon hire.
Compensation: $27.00 per hour | Generous benefits package | Clinical supervision support for ACSWs working towards licensure
Please apply online at (cover letter and resume required): Rainbow Services Job Opportunities
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org