Website Rainbow Services Rainbow Services
Rainbow Services, Ltd. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive trauma-informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Reports to: Community Outreach Manager
Status: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
Job Summary: The Education Coordinator operates under the direction of the Community Outreach Manager to provide educational guidance, resources, and advocacy for resident children and their parents while residing at shelter.
· Conduct educational assessments for residential children.
· Plan and coordinate on-site age-appropriate learning.
· Provide guidance on remote learning curriculum options (i.e., City of Angeles, Independent Study).
· Work in collaboration with the Community Outreach Manager in conducting trauma-informed classroom training at local schools.
· Provide homework help or topic-specific tutoring.
· Ensure that children have remote learning equipment.
· Provide information regarding children’s education rights.
· Provide advocacy with school transfers and enrollment.
· Support family’s preparation for IEPs and other education-related meetings.
· Serve as a liaison between family, school, and child’s specific needs.
· Draft participant letters, written requests, and/or complaints by family for schools.
· Provide necessary reports and documentation of program completion.
· Participate in case conference, team meetings, and supervision.
· Work in collaboration with the Education Program Aide.
· Collaborate closely with the Children’s Program, including participating in team meetings and shelter activities.
· Collaborate closely with the Children’s Family Counselor to develop behavioral management plans for each child enrolled in the program.
· Assist with the training of volunteers in the Education and Children’s programs.
· Manage and document services in a timely and accurate manner.
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelors in Education, Early Childhood Education, or related degree.
· Multiple Subject Credential required.
· Ability to demonstrate care and empathy for children.
· Excellent advocacy and communication skills and ability to form collaborative relationships.
· Knowledge of The McKinney-Vento Act, Special Education System, and ADA.
· Knowledge of positive behavior management techniques for children is preferred.
· Interest in addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups, and a commitment to the movement to end intimate partner violence.
· Ability to work afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
· Bilingual Spanish/English required.
· Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
· California ID or Driver License required.
· State-mandated 40-hour domestic violence training is required and can be provided upon hire.
Compensation: $24.00 per hour.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.