Website Rainbow Services Rainbow Services
Rainbow Services, Ltd. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive trauma-informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Reports to: Community Outreach Manager
Status: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
Job Summary: The Education Program Aide operates under the direction of the Community Outreach Manager to provide on-site learning preparation, support, and advocacy for resident children and their parents while residing at shelter.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare materials and equipment for on-site learning.
· Support with scheduling assessments, student meetings, and team meetings.
· Provide homework help or subject-specific tutoring.
· Provide socio-emotional activities and support building healthy student routines.
· Work closely with Education Program Coordinator to implement remote learning curricula.
· Support in conducting educational presentations and outreach activities at local schools and youth focused organizations as needed.
· Assist with the training of volunteers in the Education and Children’s programs.
· Maintain safe and sanitary conditions in the designated Education Program area.
· Attend meetings and other activities related to the Education and Children’s program, including staff meetings and shelter activities.
· Manage and document services in a timely and accurate manner.
· Support with answering telephone calls and provide information and referrals as needed.
· Assist with organizing and sorting donations as needed.
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to demonstrate care and empathy for children.
· Knowledge of positive behavior management techniques for children is preferred.
· Early Childhood Education or related experience.
· Interest in addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups, and a commitment to the movement to end intimate partner violence.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and general computer literacy.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to work afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
· Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
· California ID or Driver License required.
· State-mandated 40-hour domestic violence training is required and can be provided upon hire.
Compensation: $19.00 per hour.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.