Rainbow Services LTD
The Development Coordinator participates in the creation and implementation of the agency’s fund
development strategies and helps shape communications about the agency’s mission and work with stakeholders,
partners, supporters, and the community at large.
• Work with the Director of Community Engagement to develop and implement a fundraising and donor
engagement plan to increase and diversify private support of Rainbow Services.
• Support the Community Engagement team with development activities, including donor cultivation and
stewardship activities, gift processing, donor/funder acknowledgements, database management, creation of
communications (written and design), and researching information on donors and prospects.
• Develop direct mail solicitations, including design and layout, creation of strategy, organization of mailing lists,
and appropriate follow-up.
• Assist in the planning and day-of organizing of agency events and community-oriented initiatives, including
administrative support (maintaining records of all expense activities related to specific fundraising and/or events)
• Manage Network for Good, Rainbow’s donor management system, by maintaining appropriate records of all
donors, including running regular diagnostics for duplicates and other maintenance.
• Support with all Arc en Ciel, Rainbow’s fundraising volunteer group, activities, including attending all meetings.
• Assist with preparation of grant proposals and reports, including but not limited to copying and mailing proposals.
• Provide data and reports for grant proposals and reporting.
• Conduct online research on resource/fund development strategies.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising in a not-for-profit environment or related event planning.
• Interest in and commitment to addressing social justice issues affecting individuals, families, and vulnerable
• Ability to prioritize workload, maintain confidentiality, and work well with others.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills necessary (excellent usage of
spoken/written English grammar).
• Bilingual Spanish/English speaker preferred, but not required.
• Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Canva, etc.
• Availability to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. and a valid California Driver’s License required.
• 40-hour state-mandated domestic violence awareness training is required and can be provided upon hire.
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.