Website The Nonprofit Partnership
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Program Manager
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 29 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP supports hundreds of organizations each year to reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
The Program Coordinator (PC) is responsible for supporting the First5 LA Best Start grant program. Areas include grant and contract administration, managing sub-contractor invoices, communications, network development, reporting, and evaluation.
- Coordination and reporting of First 5 LA/Best Start grant related activity. Monitoring and ensuring TNP meets all milestones as it relates to the scope and deadlines as identified by First 5 LA.
- Contract management for all grant activities in the First 5 LA/Best Start grant, as well as custom support projects as assigned. Maintains contracts, grant agreements, MOUs to subcontractors, and other files as they relate to grants.
- Utilizes Salesforce database and other filesharing systems to keep up to date information and track progress.
- Regularly communicates with subcontractors and other partners to address any questions or concerns related to this grant and related agreements.
- Engage local stakeholders to strengthen existing relationships and build new strategic partnerships.
- Participate in community-based meetings with the ability to support needs that may emerge regarding the collective impact framework in the Best Start communities.
- Supports marketing and communication for Best Start including, but not limited to, social media management, email communication and marketing, and storytelling.
- Supports coordination of meetings and convenings, including securing resources and logistics as requested for First 5 LA/Best Start programming.
- Supports evaluation including but not limited to distribution and collection of evaluation tools, tracking, and reporting.
- Communicates effectively with funders and other stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism.
- Represents TNP at meetings, workshops and conferences in the community as requested.
- Supports fund development and sustainability. Activities may include grant research, sponsorship requests, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Public Health, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- Experience in project management and coordination, contract development, grants administration and/or compliance a plus.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with changing community or team needs.
- Experience working in under-resourced and diverse communities on Policy, Systems and Environment changes or collective impact efforts.
- Prior experience in convening groups and building collaboration across groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Long Beach, Wilmington and surrounding communities preferred.
- Willing and able to travel about 30% of the month with some weekend and evening hours required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Khmer a plus.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume firstname.lastname@example.org The subject should read PROGRAM COORDINATOR-first name last name.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com