Website Precious Lamb Preschool
About the Position
Precious Lamb Preschool provides faith based education to children experiencing homelessness in the greater Long Beach area. We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Executive Director to lead our organization with an annual budget of just over $1.3 million. This person will supervise a small team responsible for human resources, academic and social programs, fundraising and partnerships.
It’s an exciting time at Precious Lamb! We are moving to our new campus in 2024 and we will have the ability to more than double our enrollment. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Board to ensure a smooth and professional transition to this new site, as well as to scale our program to capacity based on our funding.
The Executive Director will execute on the school’s strategic vision, while providing consistent leadership to ensure the organization is functioning efficiently on a day to day basis and to ensure the school’s tactical goals are met. Precious Lamb is looking for someone to lead with high emotional intelligence, through servant leadership, with exceptional cultural competency, and to embrace our core values of Integrity, Dignity and Compassion.
Precious Lamb Preschool is a faith-based preschool and the selected candidate must be comfortable supporting the ideals of Christianity.
About Precious Lamb Preschool
Precious Lamb Preschool (PL) is a 501(C)3 non-profit founded in 1999. The school provides high-quality, faith-based early education to children ages 18 months to 5 years old experiencing homelessness in the greater Long Beach area. At no cost to the parent, the children receive full-day education and care while parents are pursuing their education, employment, or housing. Support for the children and their parents is provided by skilled early education teachers, resource teachers and social workers. Precious Lamb continues to expand services to better meet the needs of its families and community. To learn more, visit www.preciouslamb.org.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Lead the organization in implementing and achieving its strategic vision by providing consistent leadership and management to ensure the organization is functioning efficiently on a day to day basis and to ensure the school’s tactical goals are met.
- Provide and help manage a professional, healthy, respectful and caring culture that is committed to the well-being of all children, staff, volunteers, partners and donors.
- Supervise and support the Executive Leadership Team focusing on full performance management and team building.
- Oversight of operating procedures to ensure compliance with State Licensing for childcare centers, human resources, all programs, annual budget and fundraising strategies.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate and cultivate relationships with community partners, organizations, businesses and donors.
- Assess and provide strategic staff development/training.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all marketing strategies and communication with donors/partners.
- Provide and help manage a healthy, respectful and caring culture that is committed to the well-being of all children, staff, volunteers, partners and donors.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Proven track record of leading other non-profit organizations experiencing significant growth.
- Strong background in managing strategic fundraising plans.
- Passion, or a willingness to learn, about the demographics we serve: at-risk, homeless youth and their families.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven successful development and supervision of a team.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and the ability to work well with a diverse community.
- Ability to successfully pass the Live Scan screening requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 5 years non-profit or executive level leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of early childhood education and development preferred.
- Crisis intervention and case management preferred.
- Grant writing, event planning and fundraising experience a plus.
- A basic understanding of Donor Perfect or other CRM’s.
Benefits & Compensation
Benefits include medical insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays and paid time off during closure for school breaks. The salary range for this position is $110,000 – $125,000 and is commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume for consideration. We are unable to accept direct inquiries about this position (i.e. phone calls, emails, etc.). Only qualified candidates will be considered. Thank you in advance for your interest!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com