Website Pen to Paper Grant Consulting
Nonprofit consulting firm specializing in grants
The Senior Grant Writer is a full-time position (30+ hrs./week) working directly with the Pen to Paper Grant Consulting (P2P) Senior Grants Manager and Principal Consultant. The Senior Grant Writer is responsible for writing grant applications, letters of inquiry, and reports to corporate and private foundations for P2P clients; coordinating grant application and report submissions; providing clients with copies of all finalized grant materials.
The Senior Grant Writer should be able to execute the following primary responsibilities with moderate oversight:
- Draft and prepare competitive Letters of Inquiry, grant applications, and grant reports, generating some original content as well as repurposing existing content to meet funder identified guidelines and/or P2P internal protocols
- Coordinate and participate in meetings/calls and direct communication with P2P clients and program staff to: (1) obtain information necessary to draft compelling solicitations and reports; (2) track grant solicitation and reporting projects; and (3) assist with the development and execution of cultivation strategies from inception to completion
- Research, identify, and respond to grant opportunities for P2P clients
- Assess client documentation, systems, and processes to identify areas of concern and make recommendations regarding funding opportunities
- Perform administrative work related to tracking, maintaining, and updating project management database and client records
- Work in collaboration with other P2P team members to ensure successful preparation and submission of grant application/reporting projects as well as donor cultivation strategies, and client communication strategies
The Senior Grant Writer should possess excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills along with demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (experience with Google Suite preferred). Candidate will have 3+ years of experience working in the non-profit sector; minimum of 2 years of full-time grant writing experience required. Candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work autonomously under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product. Previous experience will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of grant proposal and preparation skills; knowledge of effective grant prospect research practices; the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities; and working knowledge of grant application/proposal preparation best-practices.
This position is full time (30+ hrs./week) paid hourly at a rate of $32-$40/hr. (based on experience). Avg. annual salary is $58,000-$67,000
1. Submit your resume
2. Submit two (2) writing samples—grant proposals that you have written (excerpts acceptable)
Submit resume and writing samples via email to email@example.com or via indeed.com
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.