Website Pen to Paper Grant Consulting
Nonprofit consulting firm specializing in grants
Pen to Paper Grant Consulting Inc. is a specialty nonprofit consulting firm – we are a small, passionate team of grant professionals who advocate for the important work of our nonprofit clients by supporting their fundraising efforts. Our mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive grant consulting and development services to facilitate financial growth and support the long-term sustainability of nonprofits.
Pen to Paper’s clients are small to midsize nonprofit organizations in the health & human service, youth development, arts, and education sectors. We offer comprehensive, focused, and strategic consulting services, including: Grant Readiness Assessment, Prospect Research & Identification, Grant Writing (Letters of Inquiry, Grant Applications) and Grant Reporting, and Grant Award Management services. We are a highly collaborative, motivated team and believe that when we combine our strengths, we are doing our best to serve our clients and the communities they work in.
We are primed for growth in 2023! With a high client retention rate and ever-expanding network of nonprofit partners making referrals for our services, we are looking to expand our team and hire an Early Career Grant Writer. The ideal candidate is a grant professional with 1-2 years experience in grant writing and a passion for writing, the nonprofit sector, and fund development. If you are looking to grow your understanding of corporate and private philanthropy as well as the nonprofit sector, you might be a fit! Our writers and consultants work remotely and receive competitive salaries with benefits and flexible work schedules.
The Grant Writer is a full-time remote position (minimum of 30+ hrs./week with benefits) reporting to the Grant Consultant and Senior Grants Manager. The Grant Writer should be able to execute the following responsibilities, with support from senior staff:
● Create grant application and letter of inquiry templates, craft responses to grant questions posed by funders to produce competitive letters of inquiry, grant applications, and grant reports in accordance with funder guidelines and/or P2P internal protocols
● Participate in meetings and communications with P2P clients to: (1) gather and record information needed to draft compelling writing projects; (2) assist with the coordination and preparation of client projects; and (3) gather, file, and track client documentation and data needed to submit successful grant proposals
● Research, identify, and verify funder matches with P2P client needs
● Perform administrative work related to tracking, maintaining, and updating project management database and client records
● Work in collaboration with other P2P team members to ensure successful preparation and submission of all projects as well as donor cultivation strategies, and client communication strategies
Position is full time (30+ hrs./week) paid hourly at a rate of $25.00-$30.00/hr. (approx. $45,500-$54,600 annually) + benefits package.Southern California/California residents are preferred. Travel to and from client meetings in Orange County, Los Angeles County, or beyond may be required on occasion (travel reimbursement will be provided).
To apply, email the following documents to email@example.com:
1. A cover letter and current resume
2. Two (2) writing samples—these should be grant proposals that you have written (excerpts acceptable)
Email Subject: Your First Name, Last Initial – Grant Writer
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org