Website Long Beach Museum of Art
The Long Beach Museum Art has an opening for an on-call, part-time Gallery Attendant. The ideal candidate will ensure a positive visitor experience, be the first point of contact for the museum, and provide guests a memorable impression of the Museum. A Gallery Attendant provides excellent customer service that is conducive to repeat visitation, membership value, and represents the institution as a positive experience to the community.
· Ability to engage with the public to clearly explain aspects of the museum’s collections, exhibitions, and bodies of work including LBMA’s sculpture garden.
· Ability to operate admission and cash register systems. Handle gift sales and memberships.
· Answer general questions of LBMA’s campuses, exhibitions, activities, and programs.
· Ability to resolve inquires and or complaints in a positive manner. Ability to discern and communicate with supervision as needed.
· Ensure the safety and security of patrons, guests, and employees.
· Guard and protect works of art and follow exhibition guidelines and protocols.
· Must be able to work on short notice or with minimum notification.
· Must be able to stand for extended amount of time.
· Perform other incidental duties and required.
· Requires excellent communication skills, ability to provide the highest level of customer service at all times, listen actively to visitors, and be responsive to their needs and expectations. The ideal candidate is passionate about art.
· Experience in customer service required. Dependability is a must. Ability to stand for long periods of time is required. A background in museum setting, gallery, or degree in Art is desirable.
Evenings, flexible, on-call, and weekend work.
· Astute, professional demeanor, and team player.
· Must be available to work during the Museum’s hours of operations, which will include weekends and some evenings.
· Proof of vaccination for Covid-19.
· Non-exempt, part time.
$17.00 per hour
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit www.lbma.org.