Website Long Beach Day Nursery
Where Children Grow
Position Summary: Do you have a passion for helping an organization run smoothly and want to make a difference in the community? Form part of a dedicated team of solution-oriented professionals who seek to expand the scope, services, and impact to young children and families. The Business Operations Manager position is responsible for taking care of business operations and aligning with quality standards through a variety of administrative duties so others can focus on providing high quality early care and education at two centers in Long Beach, CA. You will facilitate daily programmatic and operational activities like employee scheduling, timesheets, food program administration, building supply and program purchasing, facilities maintenance and other administrative processes to ensure the overall effectiveness and quality of all programs and services.
About LBDN: For over 110 years, LBDN has been a proven leader in the nonprofit and early childhood education (ECE) fields. Our mission, to “provide high quality early care and education to young children of working families”, is more critical now than ever, as the need for quality ECE services grow and research continues to prove the impact ECE has on the forward trajectory of young children and their families. The work we do is much more than child care; we provide a nationally accredited program, an intergenerational approach to eradicating poverty, and deliver a strong, equitable, and just foundation to our communities’ most vulnerable children.
Benefits & Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with an anticipated schedule of Monday – Friday.
- Rate of pay: $26 – $28.85 per hour
- Benefits: LBDN offers competitive benefits which include medical, dental, vision, sick leave, vacation, paid holidays and a 403b plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Scheduling & Timesheets:
- Create and distribute staff schedules for two centers.
- Facilitate approval of vacation and sick requests following policy consistently.
- Review and accurately submit employee time sheets.
- Understand compliance with CA wage and hour laws.
- Maintain accurate and organized records.
- Responsible for management of the administrative aspects of the California Adult and Child Food Program.
- Responsible for purchasing of food and supplies for food program for two centers.
Facilities and Purchasing:
- Responsible for the management and oversight of facility work and needs such as scheduling work, receiving
- facilities’ quotes, and responding to teacher and classroom facility requests for two centers.
- Manage compliance of Pest Control for two centers.
- Purchase supplies for curriculum, cooking projects and center needs.
- Adhere to LBDN’s and the state’s procurement policies
- Submit receipts, mileage, monthly reimbursements, and invoices in a timely fashion to Finance Department.
- Create strategies and policies for organizational effectiveness.
- Implement plans and procedures for smooth business operations.
- Employ means to keep company costs down.
- Manage initiatives to maximize organizational performance.
- Achieve better business practices.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of logistics, office management and purchasing processes and best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Friendly and willing to assist
- Organized, detail-oriented, persistent in finding solutions
- Excellent organizational, time and focus management skills
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Ability to create and follow systems and processes
At LBDN, our work is rewarding and our culture is supportive, inclusive, innovative, and fun! If this opportunity excites you, please apply at www.lbdn.org/careers. Thank you for your interest!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com