Website Long Beach Day Nursery
Where Children Grow
The Payroll and HR Specialist is a full-time, onsite position which reports to the Finance Director. The right candidate for this critical role will be detail oriented with exceptional follow-through, organized, ethical and able to prioritize and maintain confidentiality. They will enjoy serving in a well-rounded detailed support position which assists both the finance and the HR areas with an emphasis on accurate payroll processing. Ultimately, this position contributes to the fulfillment of LBDN’s mission to provide high quality early care and education for children of working families.
About Long Beach Day Nursery (LBDN)
For over 110 years, LBDN has been a proven leader in the nonprofit and early childhood education (ECE) fields. Our growing organization shares a passion for our mission, to “provide high quality early care and education to young children of working families”, a focus that is more critical now than ever.
At LBDN, our work is rewarding and our culture is supportive, inclusive, innovative, and fun! This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Payroll Summary of Responsibilities (50%):
- Full cycle biweekly payroll management for 50+ nonexempt and 10 exempt employees using ADP Workforce now
- Ensure all payroll related processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Accurate and timely production of payroll related reports
- Assist with employee benefits implementation, enrollments and administration from the payroll functions assigned
- Research and stay current on all relevant wage and hour requirements and facilitate wage and hour compliance, training and resolution
- Communicate with and train managers and staff in connection with payroll-related matters
Human Resources Summary of Responsibilities (50%):
- Oversee workers compensation claim reporting and initial documentation
- Employee document support: verifications, requests, files and more.
- Unemployment claims and garnishments management
- Maintain employee and payroll files and ensure proper documentation retention.
- Track and provide support documentation for various employee details related to training and compliance
Summary of Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related payroll experience
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred
- Working knowledge of California wage and hour and HR regulations
- Skilled at using Excel spreadsheets
- Associates degree or higher preferred
Excellent professional habits
Thank you for your interest! Please apply through our job portal found at www.lbdn.org/careers. We are unable to accept direct inquiries about this position
Compensation: $26 – $29 per hour dependent on education and experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org