Manager, Communications and Marketing
Manager, Communications and Marketing manages all communications from the LBCC Foundation directed internally and externally quickly, efficiently, and accurately. Oversees website, social media design, strategy, and execution to drive engagement and growth.
This position leads the College’s faculty and staff giving strategy to build an internal culture of philanthropy and grow annual employee donor participation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee and implement Foundation Marketing strategy and communications.
- Update and adapt marketing strategies and communications based on priorities identified by the Development team and CEO.
- Assess, create, and implement new or improved processes for marketing initiatives and needs.
- Manage marketing/promotional materials price spreadsheet for Foundation staff.
- Develop, engage, and maintain a Board Marketing Committee.
- Establish Foundation website in collaboration with all Foundation staff.
- Design website content to maintain strong branding standards for LBCC Foundation.
- Execute necessary website updates on a weekly basis.
- Create registration pages for Foundation events.
- Create and send monthly newsletter, Crescendo newsletter, and alumni newsletter to all constituents.
- Develops and designs LBCC Foundation promotional marketing materials.
- Support the Foundation Directors and CEO with communications as requested, including documents, publications, presentations, videos, and promotional materials.
- Create and maintain marketing budget, providing quarterly updates to the CEO.
- Create engaging and compelling materials for Annual Appeal and End-of-Year Appeal.
- Manage Foundation social media presence through content creation, audience engagement, and strategic analysis.
- Plan and manage the social media calendar for LBCC Foundation social media profiles.
- Create social media content, including graphics, images, videos, and audio.
- Track and analyze social media trends, data to increase efficiency.
- Update and manage Foundation linktree navigation page.
- Establish and maintain an employee-giving program for staff, faculty, and administration at Long Beach City College.
- Determine goals and implement strategies for Faculty and Staff Giving program in collaboration with Foundation CEO.
- Collaborate with Data Base Manager to send ‘thank you’ letters for new payroll donors or donors who increase their gifts; process related paperwork.
- Maintain stewardship for faculty/staff.
- Manage yearly fundraising events: Long Beach Gives, Giving Tuesday, others to be determined.
- Assist Foundation team with events as needed.
- Assist with collecting and processing event payments and ensuring record accuracy in the database.
- Assist donors with credit card payments by phone if needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with Foundation and College colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public and community at large.
- Knowledge of LBCC as an integral educational institution and economic driver in the region.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadline.
- Strong facility and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.) electronic database.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of social media
- Excellent time management skills and a commitment to serving the college community.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of two to five years of directly applicable experience, including employment with a related professional experience and/or a not for profit board. Hands-on experience in fundraising preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid California driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to the Foundation for insurance purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com