Long Beach City College Foundation’s mission is to raise funds to support the College’s outstanding and evolving learning environment. The vision is to guarantee equitable access to financial resources through transformational philanthropy.
The position is to support the Foundation Chief Executive Officer, Foundation staff and Board of Governors and all office-related issues and to ensure that all communications are handled quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Understand and participate in Foundation fundraising activities.
• Manage the LBCC Foundation Board of Governors through use of an online portal. This includes agendas, minutes, stewardship, notes, attendance, catering, calendaring, and timely communication.
• Manage Foundation office annual events. This includes making room reservations, catering, attendance, working with vendors, etc.
• Attend and participate in weekly college administrative event planning meeting. Report updates to appropriate Foundation staff.
• Maintain Foundation calendars.
• Greet all visitors when they enter the Foundation office.
• Answer and/or distribute as needed all phone messages left on the Foundation general phone.
• Answer and/or distribute as needed all emails sent to the Foundation general email address.
• Process and distribute mail. Pick up mail from the LBCC Mail Room if needed.
• File all Foundation paperwork as needed. Help with implementation of electronic records.
• Member of the stewardship team, which includes communicating with donors through phone, email, and mail.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and reorder as needed.
• Assist with database as needed.
• Maintain W-9 records.
• Support the Foundation Chief Executive Officer and Foundation staff as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with Foundation and College colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public and community at large.
• Knowledge of LBCC as an integral educational institution and economic driver in the region.
• Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment.
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadline.
• Strong facility and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.) electronic database.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and a commitment to serving the Long Beach City College community.
Education and Experience
A minimum of five years of directly applicable experience, including employment with a related professional experience and/or a not-for-profit board.
Experience in philanthropy preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Foundation for insurance purposes.
Full time, $26.00 – $29.00 per hour.
Medical/Dental/Vision. 401K plan with company match. 2-year vesting.
Send resume and cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com