Website JFCS of Long Beach & West Orange County
A community healed one person, one family at a time
About the role
We are seeking someone who is bilingual, collaborative, detail-oriented, proactive, and organized —able to operate effectively in a fast-changing environment. This person will need to be a self-starter who values effective communication to ensure cohesion across the team and someone able to zoom in and out to prioritize the big and specific details of competing priorities. This person will engage in their work with flexibility, open-mindedness, sincerity, and a problem-solving mindset, willing to jump in as needed to take on projects that support the work of the agency.
Overview of Responsibilities
This position will greet and talk with clients while also providing operational and administrative support to the staff of one or more programs including counseling, domestic violence, senior, youth, refugee or food bank. The Bilingual Office Assistant will help with various tasks from answering phones to onboarding interns for all JFCS programs. The Bilingual Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Administrator with day-to-day operations and overseeing the general administrative duties of the front office and selected programs.
• Supports HR with the On-boarding process for interns and other volunteers
• Maintains a system for recording billing hours for quarterly grant reporting to Claims Conference
• Pull and dispose of outdated inactive client files
• Run month end reports for Supplemental funds for DV and Children under 18
• Admin on Microsoft 365- able to reset email passwords for interns
• Admin on Apricot to create new profiles and reset passwords if needed
• Tracking consents and other paperwork for school-based clients
• When referrals are received, update the tracking sheet by assigning clinicians and/or red
flagging any that need further review.
• Participate in the School-Based Admin meetings for updates on a weekly basis
• Support school-based program with any in-office administrative tasks
• Admin on Think HR & HIPPA portal to track training progress for staff
• Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions from the general public
• Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary
• Making copies, faxing, filing, typing up documents
• Assists with unique events and activities, such as fundraising events or Holiday programs
• Maintains a system for recording gift cards
• Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment
Preferred skills and Abilities of ideal candidate
• 3 years of administrative, customer service or sales experience; Experience working in non-profit
setting a plus.
• Fluency in English and Spanish or Khmer, Russian or Ukrainian. Strong verbal and written
• Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office 365, and Outlook functions
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
• Ability to work independently.
To apply please send a cover letter highlighting your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations
along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full job posting at: https://jfcslboc.org/careers/
To apply for this job please visit jfcslboc.org.