Website Food Finders, Inc.
Rescuing Food, Reducing Hunger
Our Mission: Food Finders’ mission is to eliminate hunger and food waste while improving nutrition in food insecure communities. We envision a community with zero hunger and zero food waste. We strive to make a positive impact on our community, the policies that govern it and the environment we live in.
Our Core Values: 1. Community: We acknowledge that working with our community of food donors, volunteers, and partner agencies makes us a better organization. The key for us is everyone internally and externally believes in using their time, efforts, and capabilities to help feed those in need. 2. Responsibility: We understand we have a social and environmental responsibility. This is reflected by our efforts to reduce waste, rescue food, feed people, and support policies that address the roots of inequitable access to nutritious food and the cause of food waste in this country. 3. Adaptability: Food Finders places high importance on being an organization that adapts to the world around us. We are always learning, listening, and open to change so that we may best serve our community. 4. Integrity: To have integrity is to do what we say we will do. We refuse to jeopardize our ethical and moral standards when difficult situations arise and when less ethical opportunities are presented. This will always apply to the work we do, the people we partner with, and the community we serve.
As a Donor Engagement Manager, you will enrich, embrace and promote our Mission and Core Values into your daily duties and responsibilities.
The Donor Engagement Manager’s primary focus is to identify, cultivate and deepen long-term relationships built on an understanding of donor interest, passions, and values. This role will be responsible for setting the strategy, identifying and soliciting donors and executing fundraising plans to acquire, retain and grow individual donor support with particular emphasis on outreach to build the The Share Table monthly giving program. The Donor Engagement Manager will also be accountable in contributing not only to the department’s goals, but also to the overall Food Finders’ mission, values, and the organizational strategic plans.
This position will work closely with the Marketing/Social Media team and will report directly to the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage portfolio of all individual donors as you maintain personal contacts and involvement activities for these donors
· To identify, engage and steward current and prospective donors for annual giving, major giving, monthly giving and planned giving built on an understanding of donor interests, passion and values.
· Leverage and recommend the involvement of the ED, Board of Directors to initiate and maintain major donors and prospective major donors relationships
· Reach or exceed Food Finders annual individual giving funding goals and metrics
· Plan and execute 8 annual fundraising-cultivation-donor appreciation events to include direct mail appeal and online campaigns with peer-to-peer fundraising
· Collaborate with Marketing to develop and create needed campaign materials for print, email, and social media
· Track and report engagement activity using DonorPerfect, create and present reports and analytics about Food Finders donors and prospects
· Ensure a timely and accurate gift entry and acknowledgement process
· Represent Food Finders at a variety of internal and external events and meetings,
· Support special events lead by the Development Team and related activities and use these opportunities to cultivate current and prospective donors
· Work with Development Team to create a realistic and attainable budget projection related to individual revenue goals
· Serve as the Development Team’s fundraising database EXPERT!
· Foster a culture of philanthropy organization-wide
· Create reports that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance
· Proactively seek professional growth and development opportunities to maintain up to date best practices
· Perform other duties as required
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a passion for food justice, hunger relief and human services
· Previous experience in a non-profit environment desired
· Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage numerous activities consistently
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Google documents
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group
· Valid Driver License and insured vehicle
· Commitment and passion of the organization’s mission, our values and our organizational goals.
Email resume and cover letter to Lisa Hoffmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.foodfinders.org.