Reports to: Controller
Job Type: Part Time 24hrs /WK, Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay Range: $24.00 – $28.85 per hr.
About the Organization:
EXP’s mission is to prepare students for a better life by helping young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career and life.
EXP serves over 6,400 predominantly low to moderate income and first-generation high school students in Southern California through partnerships with industry and education to prepare young people for diverse career opportunities in high-wage and high-growth sectors. Through participation in EXP programs, students explore career opportunities in business, STEM and other emerging 21st Century careers, receive mentorship from industry experts and earn resume-worthy work experience through summer internships. EXP helps communities bridge the skills gap needed for employers to connect with the future workforce and youth to be prepared to compete in tomorrow’s workplace.
The Operations Coordinator will act as support within the Operations department assisting with various activities within the department. The applicant should be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy and work well with other people in an office work environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support Business Manager and Controller as required.
· Help organize and coordinate office operations and procedures.
· Perform basic office tasks including document preparation, sorting, copying and scanning, faxing, department filing and organization.
· Maintain the general upkeep of the office, attending to general issues and fixing simple problems.
· Support with document preparations including payment and deposit forms processing to include backup information required for review and approval through DocuSign.
· Communicate with staff as necessary for timely submissions of expense reimbursements reports.
· Handle vendor relations when needed, and review receipt of vendor invoices in a timely manner and ensure that contract or agreement with vendor is received and properly filed.
· Process prepared vendor checks and mail vendor checks on a weekly basis.
Complete credit card reconciliations and assist with month-end closing process
· Support operations team in gathering information for special projects and reports.
· Proven experience working in a professional office environment
· Proficiency in technology and Microsoft applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple responsibilities at once
· High standards of customer service
· Enthusiastic and passionate team player
· Associate or Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves sitting, standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
EXP is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EXP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Samuel@expfuture.org
Please include Operations Coordinator in the subject line of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com