Website The Peninsula Friends of the Library
Peninsula Friends of the Library
The Peninsula Friends of the Library is a non-profit corporation and is the sole
fundraising organization for the Palos Verdes Library District (PVLD). The Mission of
the Peninsula Friends of the Library (PFL) is to connect the (PLVD) with the community
through communication, engagement, and fundraising.
The Executive Director reports directly to the PFL Board of Directors and as the primary
management leader for the PFL, is responsible for PFL’s day-to-day operations.
Additional key duties and responsibilities include fundraising, marketing and community
• Responsible for supporting and guiding the organization’s mission as defined by
the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a
timely and accurate manner all information necessary for the Board to function
properly and make informed decisions.
• Work closely with the Board to implement policy decisions, fundraise and
increase the overall visibility of the organization.
Fund Development Responsibilities
• Develops relationships with key/potential large donors. .
• Develops and implements a comprehensive and strategic fundraising plan
including a planned giving program.
• Identifies grant opportunities, and drafts and submits proposals.
• Oversees data entry into the e-Tapestry donor tracking software.
• Maintains regular communications with existing Friends about the use and impact
of their donations, upcoming events and other opportunities.
• Oversees marketing and other communication efforts.
• Utilizes all forms of social media to promote information about upcoming PVLD
and PFL events.
• Enhances the PFL website to appeal to both potential and existing Friends.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations and utilizes
those relationships to strategically enhance the PFL’s Mission.
• Cultivates excellent relationships with local media.
Key Administrative Functions
• In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develops and executes both short term
goals as described in the Strategic Plan.
• Responsible for staff management and retention (3 part-time employees) and
when necessary, the hiring of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for the effective administration of PFL operations.
• Oversees volunteers in used book sales.
• Works with the Board chairs regarding public relations, fundraising programs,
membership, and communications.
• Maintains working relationship with PVLD staff.
• Manages PFL Website.
• Five or more years nonprofit management experience.
• Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors.
• A proven fundraising track record, and excellent donor relations skills.
• Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations.
• Solid organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program
development and task facilitation.
• Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis,
decision making and reporting.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Impeccable work ethic with a high degree of passion and energy.
• High level of strategic thinking and the ability to envision and convey the
organization’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors.
Salary Range $100,000 to $140,000
(Starting salary at midpoint or below, with increases tied to performance)
Please send cover letter and response to: Emaneon5@gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to Emaneon5@gmail.com