Human Resources Manager (Habitat for Humanity)
Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP of Finance and Administration
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is seeking a qualified candidate to manage, oversee and perform the essential HR functions for a busy organization of 120 employees, as a solo practitioner.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles has been an active affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International for more than 20 years. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. On average, the affiliate builds and renovates 100 homes in the Los Angeles region, ranking it among the largest affiliates nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage and maintain HR functions so that the organization is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manage the entire employment life cycle (Recruitment, Onboarding, Retention, Promotion and Offboarding)
- Verify the twice-monthly payroll (ADP), as well as uploading 401(k) information
- Benefits administration
- Report all Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance claims
- Manage the Performance Review process
- Chair the Safety Committee
- Assist with the recruiting and guidance of the AmeriCorps program
- All other HR related functions
- Assist Senior Leadership with special projects as needed
SUMMARY OF JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years or more of professional HR related experience, preferably in a generalist role.
- A bachelors degree in HR or a related field is strongly preferred, but not required
- HR Certification is strongly preferred
- Previous non-profit experience is strongly preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
This is full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5PM with some evening and weekends. Position requires local travel in the normal course of performing job duties with mileage reimbursement. Must have access to reliable transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental , and vision coverage; life and AD&D insurance; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and 401(K) retirement plan and employee discount in our ReStores. Compensation: Starting at $50,000/year, DOE
TO APPLY (NO CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE):
If you’d like to join our team, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
EMAIL: HR@habitatla.org (Preferred)
MAIL: 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower, CA 90706 – Attn: HR