Human Resources Manager & Executive Assistant (Children’s Dental Health Clinic)
The Children’s Dental Health Clinic delivers oral health education and comprehensive treatment for economically disadvantaged children, including those with complex medical considerations, while also providing premier training in pediatric and multi-specialty dentistry. www.cdhc.org
Established in 1932, the Children’s Dental Health Clinic is a Long Beach- based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are mission-driven and seek a like-minded professional to join our management team. We seek an individual that is motivated, personable, organized, discrete and trustworthy.
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
|QUALIFICATIONS:||Minimum of 3 years’ experience with employee management, executive assisting and/or controller and human resource duties. Must be organized with excellent time management, written and oral communication skills. Exceptional word processing and computer skills required.|
M-F 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Commensurate with skills and experience
|POSITION SUMMARY:||The HR Manager/Executive Assistant maintains and coordinates employee policies. This position helps administer contractors, employees, benefits, and meetings. This position also serves as executive assistant to the executive director and is a liaison to the Children’s Dental Foundation board of directors.|
- Responsible for all employee’s and subcontractor’s personnel files; verify compliance with CDHC and DHS regulations.
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook to current local, state and federal laws.
- Schedule meetings and prepare correspondence related to the Foundation Board and Executive Committee.
- Assist board members as needed and maintain foundation records.
- Prepare offer letters, pre-employment checks and contracts for all new employees/subcontractors dental residents and volunteers; prepare, update and file all forms according to current employment law.
- Prepare annual dentist contracts under direction of Executive Director.
- Point of contact for clinic insurances and employee benefits.
- Prepare forms and reports for Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Benefits Administration – medical, vision, dental, life, 401k etc.
- Maintain and keep current all licenses, business permits and insurance certificates.
- Monitor all insurance policies in coordination with grant contracts.
- In coordination with CFO (as needed) process Clinic payroll.
- Controller functions; verify vendor billing and process payments.
- Coordinate continuing education courses; maintain license status.
- Distribute mail, payroll information and related clinic notifications
- Coordinate Avalon Clinic reservations and payments
- Maintain vacation calendar/requests
- Prepare monthly Pediatric Dental Call schedule
- Monitor performance evaluation dates and ensure completion – create, schedule and assist with (as appropriate) employee annual reviews
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to Dr. John Blake: email@example.com or fax to 562-933-2049. No phone calls please.