Grants and Contract Administrator/Accounting (The Nonprofit Partnership)
Grants and Contract Administrator/ Accounting
The Nonprofit Partnership
Status: Contract, Non-exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Program Manager
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 25 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP has served several hundred organizations reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
The Grants and Contract Administrator responsible for all aspects of contract administration, including drafting, preparing, processing and tracking contracts and amendments for the First 5 LA Best Start Regional Network, including managing sub contractor invoices, reporting, and evaluation. Working closely with the Program Manager and other TNP staff, the Grants and Contract Administrator will serve as the lead on grant compliance and accoutning of the First 5 LA grant agreement.
- Serves as the primary administrator for the contract management process for all grant activities as outlined in the Best Start Communities Region 4 grant which includes subcontractors.
- Executes, tracks and reports on all Region 4 activities, adhering to deadlines as identified by First 5 LA.
- Working in conjunction with the Program Manager (PM), TNP Operations Manager, ensures that accurate scopes of work, budgets and contract provisions are integrated into ongoing reports and contract amendments to First 5 LA, and ensures accurate bookkeeping and documentation.
- Regularly communicates with subcontractors and other partners to address any questions or concerns related to this grant and related agreements.
- Supports coordination of meetings and convenings, including securing resources and logistics as requested.
- Develops and maintains all contracts, grant agreements, MOUs to subcontractors, and other files as they relate to the grant.
- Receives and files any documentation needed to verify subcontractor obligations stipulated in contracts and amendments, including but not limited to, certificates of insurance, cost allocation plans, etc.
- Manages the fiscal aspects of revenues, expenses, and compliance requirements for programs and activities.
- Conducts meetings with program personnel and management to review and analyze budget to actual results and forecasts for the program and provide relevant information and recommendations.
- Supports evaluation including but not limited to distribution and collection of evaluation tools and reporting.
- Communicates effectively with funders and other stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism.
- Represents TNP at meetings, workshops and conferences in the community as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in related field required, with a minimum of 5 years of related job function or non-profit industry experience such contract development, grants administration and/or compliance.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and/or nonprofit fundraising management practices.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
- Prior experience in convening groups and building collaboration across groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Long Beach, Wilmington and surrounding communities preferred.
- Willing and able to travel about 30% of the month with some evening hours required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred.
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid vacation, sick leave; and holidays. Compensation DOE.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject should read CONTRACT MANAGER- first name last name. No phone calls or queries, please.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.