Grant Writing Intern (Operation Jump Start)
Operation Jump Start (OJS) is looking for a self-motivated individual to assist the Executive Director with grant research and proposal development. Your work and contribution as a grant writing intern is important in helping OJS fulfill its mission, which is: to help low-resourced,
high-potential first-generation students get in, stay in, and graduate from a four-year college by providing academic support, mentoring, and exposure to a broader world.
Operation Jump Start (3515 Linden Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90907)
Responsibilities and Duties
● Grant prospect research (Google and database search for potential funders)
● Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
● Writing and editing grant applications
● Gathering data for reports, needs statements, etc.
● Monitor and track grants submitted and received
● Monitor and track grant win probabilities
● Support other Development team members with duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Previous grant writing experience is preferred but not required
● Candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and research skills
● Passion for higher education and empowering underserved youth
● Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
● Strong communication and organizational skills
● Ability to work proactively within a team as well as independently
● Self starter and able to think creatively to solve problems
How to apply/contact information
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.