Fund Development Director (Arthritis National Research Foundation)
Arthritis National Research Foundation
The Arthritis National Research Foundation (ANRF) based in Long Beach, CA, funds research to cure arthritis. Research is the key to finding new treatments and cures. To accomplish this, ANRF provides research grants to early-career scientists conducting cutting-edge arthritis research at nonprofit institutions across the United States. We have funded over 240 outstanding young scientists since 1970.
ANRF has received the highest 4-star rating for eight consecutive years from online charity evaluator, Charity Navigator. Their rating is based on sound fiscal management and a commitment to accountability and transparency. Earning eight consecutive 4-star ratings is something only 2 percent of US charities can claim.
Job Title: Fund Development Director
Location: Long Beach, CA
Classification: Exempt, Salaried
This position reports to the Executive Director of the organization and will interact regularly with other organization staff as well as the board and advisory board of the organization. The position is responsible for the management of all of the fundraising activities of the organization including individual donor outreach programs, corporate sponsors, planned giving outreach initiatives, as well as support for special events. The position will work closely with the Marketing Director to develop programs to maximize the fundraising potential of the social media outreach activities as well as the various organization programs (Cure Arthritis Crew, Racing for a Cure, Blue Sky Cup, Cure Arthritis Ambassadors, and the Alumni Association).
- Work with the Board and staff to develop and implement a comprehensive corporate sponsorship/partnership initiative.
- Develop programs and work with external consultants and financial advisors to educate and generate interest in the organization from high net worth individuals.
- Increase awareness and increase funding from local community businesses.
- Work with the ED and Marketing Director to develop programs to increase individual donor contributions.
- Support staff and board members to develop and execute special fundraising events.
- Generate press releases and interact with media relative to fund raising initiatives, special events and programs.
- Work with the Marketing Director to leverage the organization Internet presence, website, social media, etc. in support of fund raising initiatives.
- Promote the organization mission and seek funding from pharmaceutical entities, including setting meetings prior to attending relevant medical conferences and industry meetings.
- Research and identify relevant grants and prepare grant applications for both corporate and private foundations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Life or Physical Sciences or equivalent required, with a Master’s degree a significant plus.
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit fundraising requirements based on a minimum of 7+ years in a fundraising role at a nonprofit organization with an annual contribution budget of at least $2.5 million.
- CFRE certification a plus.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in medical research or patient oriented nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated success in securing corporate sponsorships and establishing partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak and to interact with a diverse group of individuals on arthritis research and patient experience. Writing samples required.
- Experience and demonstrated success in writing grants.
- Ability to stay organized, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites. Donor database experience is desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to travel domestically. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Authorization to work in the U.S. and travel with legally required documentation.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None
Please submit resume and cover letter to: