Facilities Manager (The Guidance Center)
Location: Long Beach, Multi-site responsibility including San Pedro and Compton
Classification/Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
About The Guidance Center (TGC):
The Guidance Center is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future. TGC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, vacation, and 12 paid holidays.
The Facilities Manager provides leadership and support to agency-wide programs by providing direct services in all facility related matters including safety, cleanliness, preventive maintenance and repair of the building, grounds and equipment of The Guidance Center. The Facilities Manager contacts and schedules vendors as necessary for projects and prepares budget projections and manages supplies within approved budgets. Priorities are (1) safety & security (2) cleanliness (3) everything working and in good repair (4) preventive maintenance (5) efficient, cost effective operations.
Relies on experience and judgment and pre-established guidelines to plan and accomplish goals in order to perform the functions of the job. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, as well as vendors and contractors. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations. Supervises front office staff in Long Beach office including Receptionist as well as Office Assistant. Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum three years-experience in a similar role with increased responsibility as well as prior supervisory experience. Possess courteous customer service skills and a patient, positive, and calm demeanor. Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment. Required computer skills include, but are not limited to: MS Office software applications, with an intermediate skill level in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior project management experience as well as experience with build up/build-out project work required. Ability to work a flexible work schedule which may require weekends and evenings as needed for project work.
Must have vehicle and maintain a valid CA driver’s license and automobile insurance, or other reliable transportation to travel to cities in Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, or other areas in which the Center has business. Travel may also include travel by charter boat to the Island of Catalina in Avalon.
Core Responsibilities (but not limited to):
1. Respond to and resolve facilities concerns and issues for all agency locations in a timely manner while providing outstanding customer service
2. Research price-efficient vendors and compare pricing and service with current vendors; make recommendations for improvement. Accept and organize vendor bids for review; make recommendations.
3. Serves as point of contact for all agency facilities related vendors and schedules them as necessary for maintenance and projects. Monitors project status and ensures that contracts are fulfilled.
4. Responsible for the organization, calendar and tracking of all agency facility projects. This information should be kept current and shared with the COO on a regular basis.
5. Responsible for the approval of all supply orders for all agency locations. This includes but is not limited to office supplies, office furniture, maintenance supplies, etc. Responsible for coordinating and ordering supplies for the Long Beach location.
6. Develop a filing/tracking system to organize all vendor contact information and contracts. Information should be current and easily accessible.
7. Maintain systems for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance work performed compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations.
8. Maintain storage areas at the Long Beach location. Ensure areas are neat, well-stocked, clean and organized.
9. Regularly inspect all agency locations for safety and security issues. Immediately addresses issues and elevates when necessary. 10. Serves in a leadership capacity on the agency safety committee and is an active participant in all safety related discussions and decisions. Responsible for coordinating all agency annual safety drills and ensuring annual fire inspections are completed on time. Responsible for ensuring fire extinguishers are in good working order and maintains relationship with vendor. 11. Regularly inspect all agency locations to ensure required maintenance and repairs are completed as necessary. Work with maintenance vendors to ensure that maintenance issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is completed. 12. Serves as point of contact for the contracted security guard services. Manage the contract security guard services throughout the agency and provide direction as necessary. 13. Maintains positive working relationship with property managers. Promptly notifies property managers of any building maintenance or repairs and serves as point of contact for all contracted vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
The Guidance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), genetic information, marital status, ancestry or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Guidance Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work setting in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
The Guidance Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, marital status, sex (including sexual harassment and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental including HIV/AIDS diagnosis), pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), age (40 or over), military and veteran status, or exercising the right to any legally provided leave of absence in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation. Improper interference with the ability of The Guidance Center employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org