Director of Philanthropy (Operation Jump Start)
Director of Philanthropy Position Summary:
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and Development Department Staff, the Director of Philanthropy will manage fundraising efforts, including: securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations; developing and maintaining relationships with lead donors; and, creating and executing a strategy for sustained annual giving. The Director will demonstrate superior organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Serve as primary point of contact for new and returning high level donors.
- Execute 2017-2019 fund development and strategic plan devised in collaboration Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Develop and present monthly fundraising report providing overview of engagement with donors, prospect research, pledged and received philanthropic support.
- Manage financial data along with the Development Manager on staff.
- Develop proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising as assigned by ED.
- Plan and organize all monthly meetings for the Fund Development Committee and any special events for donors.
- Attend community-wide events to engage local contacts, cultivate new funding opportunities and recruit new OJS volunteer mentors.
- Manage CRM data entry, extraction, and analysis (current, past and prospective individual donors, friends of the agency, foundations, and corporations).
- Conduct development training sessions, demonstrations, and webinars for Board and Staff.
- Serve as main point of contact for prospective Board Members, Donors, new Mentors and Volunteers. Specifically tasked with effective on boarding of incoming mentors (i.e. maintain prospect list, conduct interviews, quickly move prospects through mentor application process).
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of directly-related, progressively responsible, experience. Experience with fundraising, alumni relations, advancement, and/or development is required. The Director of Philanthropy should have a proven track record contributing to successful development campaigns, managing donor relationships, and managing prospect research. In addition, the Director of Philanthropy will have a collaborative work style; excellent oral and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills; and a student-centered ethic. Given the dynamic quality of a leadership role with an organization in a growth stage, a deep commitment to the mission and values of Operation Jump Start is essential.
$45,000-$48,000 plus full benefits.
Submit current resume with salary history, cover letter, and at least two professional references. Email all requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.