Director of Finance (Su Casa)
POSITION TITLE: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
DESIGNATION: Full Time – Exempt
HOURS: Monday through Friday – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Some evening and weekend hours may be required
BENEFITS: Kaiser Health Ins., Healthnet Dental, Vacation & Sick Accrual
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage the financial activities of the agency. Supervises and may perform all nonprofit grant accounting and government grant billings. Manages all grant funding and assists with preparation of government and private grant proposals. Manages human resources benefits program. Performs a variety of accounting duties including cost allocation plans, as well as compiling, preparing, and maintaining financial statements and records. Ensures that all financial data are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), OMB Circular No. A-122 and consistent with established agency policies and procedures.
ABOUT SU CASA ~ ENDING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE:
Su Casa ~ Ending Domestic Violence is a nonprofit community organization located in Long Beach dedicated to empowering individuals and families to live free from domestic abuse and building partnerships with communities to end domestic violence. This is accomplished through the 24-hour hotline, Emergency Shelter, Transitional Shelter, Walk-In Center, and Community Education and Awareness Program. With a committed staff, board and volunteers, Su Casa helps victims and their children find safety and healing services through counseling, support groups, case management, advocacy, and life skills classes.
- BA or BS in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- A minimum of five (5) years accounting experience; two years in a supervisory role
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in non-profit accounting
- Ability to organize and carry out long range and/or short term projects
- Familiar with budgeting, fund accounting, GAAP and OMB Circulars
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, as well as written and oral communication skills, exceptional planning and organizational skills, and good research skills.
- Computer literate, possessing advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, and Access database.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member in a non-traditional setting with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a background check
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com Send electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Applications are due May 19, 2017.