Development Coordinator (GrandVision)
Development Outreach Coordinator
Grand Vision Foundation | San Pedro, California
Founded in 1996, Grand Vision Foundation is a non profit organization dedicated to bringing high quality arts events and educational experiences to the diverse Harbor Area community and beyond.
We put this commitment into action by producing a live music concert series at the Grand Annex, a 150-seat cabaret style listening room, and serving as the official City of LA Friends’ Group to the 1,500-seat Warner Grand Theatre, a 1931 art deco movie palace. Our performing arts offerings are complemented by robust educational programs for local youth, schools and community through our Meet the Music program.
The Development Outreach Coordinator will focus on increasing individual and corporate Giving for the Grand Vision Foundation. The Development Outreach Coordinator (DC) has a key role in maintaining and expanding the organization’s broad reach and reputation in the regional arts community. Together with the Executive Director and the GVF Board, the DC is primarily responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the Grand Vision Foundation’s individual and corporate relationships. Overall fundraising activities currently include modest individual giving, membership drive, corporate sponsorship, foundation grants, special events, and a nascent planned-giving program.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the performing arts and education, and be both entrepreneurial and self-directed. This full-time position will develop and cultivate a substantial portfolio of prospects with the ability to give $5,000 or more in annual support. This will require conceiving and implementing solicitation strategies for new and increased gifts as well as actively connecting prospects and donors with the programs and leadership of the Grand Vision Foundation. S/he will be responsible for making calls, attending functions, stewarding donors, and setting and achieving fundraising goals. The successful applicant will work under the close direction of the Executive Director.
- Reports to: Executive Director, Grand Vision Foundation
- This is a full time, hourly position, with potential to become salaried.
- The primary work location is Grand Vision Foundation, 434 W. 6th St., San Pedro, CA 90731.
- Position requires flexible M-F office hours and some early morning, evening and weekend availability.
- Work with Grand Vision Foundation Team to solicit sponsors and assist with the planning of annual fundraising events.
- Work with Grand Vision Foundation team and Board members to identify, cultivate and solicit significant donors.
- Steward new major donors and close gifts, and work with small donors and members with potential to increase their annual donations.
- Maintain detailed portfolio of donor communications and gifts.
- Manage a year-end giving direct mail campaign as well as implement direct mail and on-line promotions as needed.
- Join and attend professional groups and educational sessions as needed; stay current with trends in nonprofit development especially for a cultural and arts organization.
- Attend Grand Vision events/concerts as part of donor cultivation.
- Implement a planned giving marketing plan to cultivate donors and prospects resulting in a pipeline of giving and planned giving prospects.
- Embrace other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required. Degree or credentials in non-profit development highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in handling significant levels of responsibility, initiating and managing projects, and working independently while also being a team player.
- At least 3 years of development experience with proven track record in closing gifts and meeting goals.
- Comfort with making cold calls on a consistent schedule; this will be mandatory.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of CRM software. (We use Patron Manager.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated “people skills,” including building trust and rapport in business relationships with diverse individuals. Skills to maintain confidentiality as warranted.
- Positive, articulate, outgoing, and friendly personality; a sense of humor essential!
- Organizational skills – the ability to: identify critical issues and work towards results; remain calm and efficient in a busy work environment; and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the local funding community.
- Knowledge of basic planned-giving vehicles
- Highly desirable to be a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Cheerfully able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Rate/Salary will be commensurate with experience, as well as paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following three elements: (1) a cover letter explaining how you meet or exceed the position requirements described in this posting, (2) chronological resume/CV up to 2 pages, and (3) annual salary expectations.
Email to: email@example.com
Please put in subject line: GVF Development Outreach Position.
Grand Vision proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals are considered without regards to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.
Or mail to:
Grand Vision Foundation, Attn: HR/Development Position, 434 W. 6th Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
Please, no walk-ins or phone calls.
Subjects: arts / culture
Job Type: development/fundraising