Development Coordinator, Database (Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles)
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator (Database) REPORTS TO: Development & Database Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is seeking a qualified candidate to be responsible for gift entry and donations, as well as aiding the Development Team in reaching fundraising goals.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles has been an active affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International for more than 20 years. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. On average, the affiliate builds and renovates 100 homes in the Los Angeles region, ranking it among the largest affiliates nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
1. Gift Entry and Acknowledgement
- Gift and data entry for all donations, Gift In-Kind entry and other affiliate income
- Verify donor info and send acknowledgements within 48-72 hours of gift
- Tracking cash flow on a monthly basis
- Entering and validating all web-related online giving tools
- Clerical and other duties as assigned for overall Development team support
- Support the fundraising team in the development of thank you letters, donor presentations and proposal packages
3. Database Coordination
Work closely with the Resource Development and Database Manager to develop and preserve sound policies and procedures for constituent management, coding, and data entry in Raiser’s Edge
SUMMARY OF JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert in Microsoft Suite
- 2-3 years of heavy Data Entry
- Generating Acknowledgements and Managing Mailings
- Drafting and Editing Letters
- Raiser’s Edge System or comparable software strongly preferred but not required
This is full-time position. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 9AM-6PM with some evening and weekends. Position requires local travel in the normal course of performing job duties with mileage reimbursement. Must have access to reliable transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION: We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental , and vision coverage; life and AD&D insurance; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and 401(K) retirement plan and employee discount in our ReStores. Compensation: DOE
TO APPLY (NO CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE):
If you’d like to join our team, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: EMAIL: HR@habitatla.org (Preferred)
MAIL: 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower, CA 90706 – Attn: HR
Visit us at: www.habitatla.org
Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
*Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected status.