Development & Communications Associate (Children’s Dental Health Clinic)
Children’s Dental Health Clinic
Development & Communications Associate
|QUALIFICATIONS:||Five years Development experience and a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in English or Journalism. Non-profit grant writing experience preferred with the ability to read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical and governmental publications and regulations. Must have excellent written, organizational, communication and follow-up skills, and be very sensitive to deadlines. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, medical professionals and the general public. A problem solver and self-starter. Experience Planning and/or Executing Events. Demonstrated skills in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel. Experience with donor database management, internet research (grants research), and social media preferred. Multi-media presentation and design experience, a plus. This position also requires a person with excellent people skills and an enthusiastic attitude. The ability to manage and coordinate many projects simultaneously, is flexible and creative. A team player who works well in a collaborative model of Development.|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Development & Communications|
|DESCRIPTION:||The Development/Communications Associate assists the Director of Development & Communications in all aspects of Development, i.e. Grant Writing, Annual Campaign, Planned Giving, Capital Campaign, Events and Communications.|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist the Director of Development & Communications with any tasks or assignments of the Development/ Communications Department.
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of CDHC mission, programs, services, needs, and constituency served.
- Work with program staff to articulate funding needs and priorities.
- Assist the Director of Development & Communications with Foundation Grants. If not have Grant Certification, become certified within 6 months of employment or first available class.
- Execute and/or implement “Planned Giving Program” under supervision of Director of Development & Communications.
- Development of new “Corporate” Giving Partners.
- Responsible for implementing tasks assigned for “Direct Mail Solicitations” – Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer (including printing of letters, envelopes, inserts, etc.).
- Responsible for the input and maintenance of all “Exceed” Data and report generation including donor “Thank you” letters and information as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
- Cultivate Individual and Major Donors.
- Development Events – executing all tasks assigned by the Director of Development & Communications which could include the entirety of the Event. These events include CDHC Open House, Bi-Annual Event, Legacy Events, Thank you Events, etc.
- Representing the CDHC in the Community as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
- Reports to the Director of Development & Communications
Children’s Dental Health Clinic will offer a competitive salary of $50,000 – $60,000, based on education and experience. Benefits include medical coverage, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.