Contract Manager (The Nonprofit Partnership)
Status: Contract, Non-exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Program Manager
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 25 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP has served several hundred organizations reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
As a grantee of First5 LA, TNP serves as the Regional Network (RN) organization for Best Start Communities Region 4 (Central Long Beach and Wilmington). In this capacity, TNP will oversee and ensure that community residents improve health through systemic changes fueled by adult and youth resident engagement, collaboration & resource sharing, and strategic communication about community needs and solutions. Fulfilling the role of the RN agency, TNP will fulfill this by providing contract administration between the Local Network (LN) agencies and subcontractors, coordination of organizational capacity building, regional learning, collective advocacy, resource mobilization and multi-level coordination.
The Contract Manager (CM) responsible for all aspects of contract administration, including drafting, preparing, processing and tracking contracts and amendments for the Best Start Communities Region 4 Support Network grant. Working closely with the Program Manager and other TNP staff, the CM will serve as the expert on grant compliance and interpretation of the First 5 LA grant agreement.
- Serves as the primary administrator for the contract management process for all grant activities as outlined in the Best Start Communities Region 4 grant which includes subcontractors.
- Executes, tracks and reports on all Region 4 activities, adhering to deadlines as identified by First 5 LA.
- Working in conjunction with the Program Manager (PM), TNP Operations Manager and bookkeeper, ensures that accurate scopes of work, budgets and contract provisions are integrated into ongoing reports and contract amendments to First 5 LA.
- Regularly communicates with LN agencies and other partners to address any questions or concerns related to this grant and related agreements.
- Supports coordination of Region 4 meetings and convenings, including securing resources as requested.
- Develops and maintains all contracts, grant agreements, MOUs to subcontractors, and other files as they relate to the grant.
- Receives and files any documentation needed to verify subcontractor obligations stipulated in contracts and amendments, including but not limited to, certificates of insurance, cost allocation plans, etc.
- Manages the fiscal aspects of revenues, expenses, and compliance requirements for programs and activities.
- Oversees financial reporting to funder. Will work closely with the PM and bookkeeper to accomplish this.
- Conducts meetings with program personnel and management to review and analyze budget to actual results and forecasts for the program and provide relevant information and recommendations.
- Supports evaluation of RN and LN, including but not limited to distribution and collection of evaluation tools and reporting.
- Communicates effectively with funders and other stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism.
- Provides on-going training to program staff and partners as it relates to contract administration and organizational policies.
- Represents TNP at meetings, workshops and conferences in the community as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in related field required, with a minimum of 5 years of related job function or non-profit industry experience such contract development, grants administration and/or compliance.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and/or nonprofit fundraising management practices.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
- Prior experience in convening groups and building collaboration across groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Long Beach, Wilmington and surrounding communities preferred.
- Willing and able to travel about 30% of the month with some evening hours required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred.
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid vacation, sick leave; and holidays. Compensation DOE, salary range $45,000-50,000
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject should read CONTRACT MANAGER- first name last name. No phone calls or queries, please.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.