The Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership (Partnership) is a nonprofit management support organization with a vision of successful nonprofits supporting thriving communities. The Partnership works with local organizations to strengthen their foundation and help them grow through a variety of support services including: customized training and educational courses, consulting, peer networks, coaching, and organizational development. The Partnership team embodies the values of collaboration, respect, learning, empowerment and striving towards excellence with each other and the clients that we serve. Teamwork and flexibility are key elements of this nimble and dynamic team.
The Partnership is seeking a Consulting Services Manager to oversee all customized support services and business development on behalf of the Partnership. As a vital member of the team, s/he works with Director of Programs and Executive Director to build and maintain strong partnerships, quality customized support services, and enhance communication and outreach for the Partnership. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and managing capacity building and technical assistance services for regional community organizations through customized training and consultative services delivered by staff and Affiliate Consultants.
Business Development and Marketing
- Based on best practices and addressing the needs of the Partnership’s constituency, develop and oversee all business development for the organization.
- Manage marketing and communications plan to increase awareness of organization and expand business.
- Actively market organization and customized services through strategic stakeholder engagement, event participation, and other avenues of outreach.
- Engage in annual member “check-ins” to ensure delivery of quality services, assess organizational need and build stronger relationships.
- Work closely with Team to ensure clear and accurate messaging for the Nonprofit Partnership.
Custom Support Services
- Through a consultative inquiry process, assess client needs, match Affiliate Consultant or staff, convene initial meeting with client and manage the entirety of project.
- Develop and manage customized support services projects.
- In partnership with the Director of Programs, design and deliver annual Affiliate evaluation to assess skills, performance, and commitment and make recommendations as needed as well as recruit additional Affiliates as needed.
- In partnership with the Director of Programs, design and delivery of quality evaluation for program and custom support services as a whole.
- Manage all customized supportive services contracts, budgets, and invoicing.
- In partnership with Executive Director, design and implement the fund development strategy for the Partnership.
- Engage in ongoing development activities including: grant writing, corporate sponsorship requests and other opportunities.
Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector and a minimum of five years of experience in general nonprofit management and planning either as staff or consultant to nonprofit organizations. Successful record of community relations, program planning and development, business operations and business development. Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and evaluating program and administrative needs as well as analyzing, organizing and prioritizing. Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills, computer and database knowledge (minimally Microsoft Office Suite), and experience working in collaborative environments. Undergraduate degree required. Experience in contract management preferred.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, pays attention to detail, is outgoing with strong customer service skills, and able to interact with a wide range of constituencies. S/he has outstanding skills in communication, presentation and facilitation and has successfully completed Board Source or TOPS training (or equivalent).
Hours: This is a full-time exempt position with a usual schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends.
Benefits and Compensation: We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental , and vision coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; and retirement plan.Compensation: DOE
Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary history and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, write: Consulting Services Manager-“Your Name”. No phone calls please.
LBNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected status.