Compton Therapist (The Guidance Center)
Date: May 3, 2016
Wage: Competitive Salary + Bilingual Stipend
We have openings for Therapists to join the Compton team!
To provide therapeutic services through assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, and/or other modes of psychotherapy to enable clients to reach and maintain optimal level(s) of functioning. Needs to be able to work effectively with a range of both clients and staff from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Master’s degree from a nationally recognized accredited graduate school of social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology, plus appropriate field placement.
- California LCSW or LMFT license or registration in California as an ASW or MFTI.
- 2 years’ experience with DMH paperwork highly desirable, excellent documentation skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
Duties (but not limited to)
1. Provide direct clinical, psychosocial, and/or rehabilitative mental health services to Center clients, including but not limited to intake evaluation/assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, psychotherapy or counseling, crisis intervention and emergency intakes, in-home, community services, and/or services at other locations away from the Center. Coordination of services and case management, discharge planning, and case consultation with referral sources, school, allied agencies, and others.
2. Provides a specific amount of direct services with regard to prevailing workload standards.
3. Serves as primary therapist/coordinator of mental health services for assigned cases.
4. Maintains and completes all clinical and administrative record keeping associated with the delivery of services.
5. Interacts with the community at large and with specific allied agencies, other programs, and funding sources in a manner that facilitates and enhances the operation of the Center. In doing so, must understand the mission of the program and the Center.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer