Community Outreach & Operations Manager (The Center Long Beach)
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Exempt/ Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Sick, Vacation, and 401(k) with Employer Contribution
Probation: 90 days
The Community Outreach & Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of, and administrative duties associated with, programs and services of The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach (The Center). This includes managing and supervising office procedures and daily operations of The Center, including volunteer services, contract management, client inquiries, external client and vendor communications, supply and inventory acquisition and maintenance, IT maintenance coordination, social media and website management, supporting the Executive Director and other duties as assigned. The Community Outreach & Operations Manager has one direct report, the Community Resource Coordinator, who provides administrative and client liaison support to The Center. Must be available to work evenings and weekends regularly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist clients in accessing services within agency, provides external referrals as needed.
• Maintain and update social media, flyers, website, and other marketing materials or delegates as appropriate.
• Communicate with IT to ensure effective internal operations.
• Initiate billing and maintain proper documentation of outreach, education, support group, and volunteer activities as required by program funding sources.
• Track organizational performance objectives for contracts.
• Manage, recruit, train and supervise all volunteers. Maintain adequate volunteer staffing. This includes scheduling and task assignment. Delegate as appropriate.
• Assist with office management, implementation of procedures, records management and collection, and reporting of statistics.
• Coordinate special event volunteer recruitment, planning, and event execution.
• Manage the coverage of the Help Desk and information referrals, including answering phones and greeting the public when necessary or delegates as appropriate.
• Provide clerical support to Executive Director, and Board Members.
• Attend all required staff, Board, and agency meetings.
• Represent The Center at required community meetings and events.
• Coordinate all necessary maintenance and improvements to facility.
• Provide technical support and setup for new employee/volunteer phone extensions and account access.
• Manage agency inventory and maintain and order adequate supplies for all departments.
• Coordinate annual volunteer recognition event.
• Collect and records monies for finance (not limited to but including support groups, donations, and Cyber Center).
• Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and exemplary customer service.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, and diplomacy. Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
• 2 years of non-profit management experience required.
• B.A. degree preferred.
• Experience in program development preferred.
• Strong commitment to and understanding of LGBTQ people, communities, and related issues.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer proficiency, including social media, required.
• Computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Experience with WordPress and graphic design strongly desired.
• Strong leadership capacity.
• Self-motivating, with exceptional time management skills.
• Experience with donor database software preferred. Previous experience with Salesforce strongly desired.
• Evenings and weekends may be required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Please send resume and salary history to: Porter Gilberg, Executive Director, The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach by E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 562.433.6428
2017 E. Fourth Street, Long Beach, CA 90814
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or age.
Phone 562.434.4455 Fax 562.433.6428