Clinical Supervisor – Intensive Services (The Guidance Center)
Location: Long Beach Office, 1301 Pine Ave. Long Beach, CA 90813
Classification/Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
About The Guidance Center (TGC):
The Guidance Center is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future. TGC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Provide administrative and clinical supervision, both individual and group, for Master’s level licensed and unlicensed clinicians, MFT trainees, and BA level staff and/or Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialists (MHRS). May be assigned coordination responsibilities for specific duties with the program. May also be assigned supervision responsibility of support staff and provide direct services to children, adolescents and families. Will be expected to be trained and certified in applicable evidence-based practices (EBPs) utilized by the program.
Works well in a fast-paced environment; meets multiple and sometimes completing deadlines, and at all times demonstrates ethical and cooperative behavior with staff, clients, visitors and others associated with The Guidance Center.
Regular attendance is an important factor in employee’s job performance in order for The Guidance Center to maintain efficient operations. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled and on time.
- Licensed in California as LCSW, LMFT, PsyD., or Ph.D
- Two (2) years’ post licensure clinical experience
- Clinical Supervisor experience preferred
Duties (but not limited to):
- Supervision (individual and group) of Master’s level staff members including licensed and registered MSWs and MFTs, Case Managers, MHRS, and/or MSW interns and MFT trainees. Supervisor functions including review, approval & signing of clinical notes
- Direct service delivery in the form of individual, family and group psychotherapy; assessment and evaluations; and clinical case management as indicated.
- Evaluates all phases of the diagnostic and treatment programs for those staff being supervised and institutes changes in procedures and policies to effectively improve the quality and scope of services.
- Provides oversight, training/feedback and due diligence in providing clinical supervision in areas including, but not limited to clinical and administrative paperwork to ensure supervisees are performing the functions outline in their job requirements and that they are operating under the legal and ethical mandates of their discipline and are providing services consistent with scope of practice and expertise, providing culturally competent services, and abiding by the agencies, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH) and other relevant regulatory agencies’ policies.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
The Guidance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), genetic information, marital status, ancestry or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Guidance Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work setting in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
The Guidance Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, marital status, sex (including sexual harassment and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental including HIV/AIDS diagnosis), pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), age (40 or over), military and veteran status, or exercising the right to any legally provided leave of absence in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation. Improper interference with the ability of The Guidance Center employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com