Clinical Case Manager/ Team Lead Permanent Housing Services (The People Concern)
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Clinical Case Manager/Team Lead will provide both field-based therapeutic services and supervisory activities. The Clinical Case Manager/Team Lead’s primary responsibilities are to actively engage clients and provide intensive mental health and case management services through the use of evidence based practices that will lead to and ensure housing acquisition, stability, self-sufficiency and community integration, as well as to provide clinical and administrative supervision to assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organize client referral process, assign new referrals to team members, manage outreach and engagement process and ensure intake into program in timely manner
2. Assess mental health service needs of clients
3. Complete psychosocial and mental health assessments
4. Work with client to complete goal plans that focus on engagement, benefits, medical, mental health and substance abuse linkages, and housing placement and retention services
5. Provide crisis intervention and on-going clinical case management services to participants
6. Link clients with appropriate medical, mental health, substance abuse, and vocational resources
7. Assist clients in obtaining all benefits to which they are entitled
8. Assist clients in obtaining meaningful vocational and educational experiences
9. Facilitate life skills and coping skills workshops and support groups
10. Network with agency and outside service providers, ensuring client access to appropriate resources
11. Collaborate and communicate effectively with outside agency staff on behalf of clients
12. Communicate effectively with property managers to assist clients with transition into housing
13. Complete housing applications and with clients as well as train staff on housing application process.
14. Engage in joint apartment search with clients that have receive Section 8 vouchers
15. Adhere to a harm reduction, and psycho-social rehabilitation model using housing first philosophy
16. Develop and maintain a complete and accurate participant file with all funder-required documents
17. Ensure that all paperwork and data collection is complete and up-to-date in the case management database
18. Provide weekly individual administrative and clinical supervision to paraprofessional staff that are part of the team and administrative supervision to master level staff that are part of the team.
19. Monitor staff productivity to ensure they are meeting expectations.
20. Ensure that charts and documentation meeting agency standards
21. Attend quarterly QA meetings and other meetings as assigned by supervisor
22. Ensure that direct reports provide an ongoing schedule of groups, activities, and outings designed to stabilize and improve quality of life for Members
23. Ensure all Member paperwork and data collection is complete, timely, accurate, and current in agency records and electronic databases through on-going audits of electronic data bases and chart reviews
24. Ensure housing performance standards of partners and funders are achieved, including a minimum of 90% housing retention rate
1. Master’s degree in a mental health field
2. Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology or ability to do so within the first two months of employment
3. Able to work in a high-tolerance, harm reduction model with individuals who have multiple barriers
4. Strong clinical, team-building, charting, and non-violent crisis intervention skills
5. Computer literate; able to effectively use computerized database for client file management, with basic skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs
6. Detail oriented with strong time management, organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
7. Valid CA Driver’s license, reliable car, auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record
8. Experience working with homeless individuals who are living with mental illness, substance addiction and physical health problems preferred
Mail salary expectations, cover letter, and resume to
The People Concern Human Resources
2116 Arlington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90018