Client Services Coordinator (The LGBTQ Center)
The Center engages, empowers and advocates to achieve a more equitable society and fosters an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community. The Center began in 1977 as living room gatherings to discuss issues important to the LGBTQ community. The Center was officially incorporated in 1980 as One in Long Beach, Inc. and has been providing a variety of health, social, advocacy, legal, and service programs to the LGBTQ community in the Greater Long Beach area for three decades. The Center also participates in a number of advisory and community groups including the 4thStreet Business Association, Long Beach Police Department’s GLBT Chief’s Advisory Group and the 2ndDistrict Hate Crimes Advisory Group.
The Client Services Coordinator is a full-time staff position within the mental health program at The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach. Working with a multi-disciplinary team at The Center, this position is responsible for all administrative functions and support within The Center’s mental health counseling program and coordinating the intake department team and intake functions with client inquiries, requests for service, and on-site client engagement and socialization opportunities. This position is also responsible for coordinating and supporting the planning and execution of Center events to further engage clients and key stakeholders. Must be available to work weekends and evenings (until 9:00pm).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts phone intakes, screenings, and assessments for The Center’s mental health counseling program.
- Participates in trainings with key governmental and non-profit agencies and stakeholders.
- Schedules clients for counseling appointments.
- Coordinates room scheduling and counselor schedules for mental health and other staff and/or departments as necessary.
- Coordinates intake department schedules and provides support to intake team for consultation regarding referrals, resources, and scheduling.
- Maintains client files in accordance with all applicable federal, state, local and agency laws and protocols.
- Creates monthly departmental reports.
- Collects and analyzes client demographic data.
- Liaises with graduate universities to identify and recruit prospective mental health interns and trainees.
- Attends all required funder, agency, and departmental meetings.
- Refers clients as appropriate to internal Center resources and services.
- Data entry and filing.
- Assists community help desk with referring clients internally and externally to appropriate programs and resources.
- Assists community help desk with outreach and recruitment of Center clients for participation in special events.
- Documents services provided in accordance with funder requirements.
- Serves as Center representative at resource fairs, stakeholder meetings, and special events throughout community.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Desired Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- BA/BS in Social Work, Human Service, Psychology, Sociology or related degree OR 2-4 years related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and demonstrates exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, socio-economic statuses, immigration statuses, and genders.
- Knowledge of local community and governmental resources strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills required.
- Expertise working with Microsoft Office.
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please send resume and salary history to: Clinical Director, The Center Long Beach by E-Mail to email@example.com or by fax to 562.433.6428
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or age.